Search for content in message boards

Rene Landry l'aine in Louisiana

Rene Landry l'aine in Louisiana

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Landry Bourg
Does any one know if there was descended of Rene Landry l'aine and Perrine Bourg in Louisiana prior to 1800.

Re: Rene Landry l'aine in Louisiana

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 4:05PM GMT
Yes, Many Acadians came to Louisiana 1764 to 1768. Another 1,600 came from exile in France in 1785.

my 8 Rene l'aine lines were here by that time.

There were probably less than 50 Acadians who came after 1785. I can provide a partial list if you need it.

Paul Le B(lanc)
l'Ascension LA

PS I also have 30 Rene the LeJeune lines

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 4:16PM GMT
All of the Landry that I am aware, that were in Louisiana before 1800 are descendant of Rene Landry le jeune and Marie Bernard. Do you know of any who descend from Rene Landry l'aine and Perrine Bourg.
Marcel W. Landry

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 7:35PM GMT
This must be another language barrier created by my friend Paul.

Your answer is YES.

Joseph Landry, son of René and Marie Josephte Mius de Pleinmaret 1st married to Cecile Mius D’Entremont in 1750 and than on the 26 April 1763 he married Jeanne Madeleine Varangue at Cherbroug, Tres-Ste-Trinite France.

(Joseph died in Frances and was buried on the 4 of April 1770 at Saint-Jacques-de-Nantes.)

On the 3rd Convoy, from Chatellerault to Nantes, 7 December 1775, we may see Jeanne Marie Madeleine Varangne 50 years old, widow of Joseph Landry, with the children : Amable Etienne 11 yrs, Abraham Issac 4 years, Jeanne Marguerite 12 years, Bonne Louise 10 years and Anne Adelaïde 3 years.

Aimable Landry, Issac Abraham Landry Jeanne Marguerite Landry and Louise Marie Landry were all on the Saint-Remi, 1 of the 7 Ships that left France for Louisiana in 1785.

Isaac seems to have the longest lines of Landry in Louisiana.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions