Search for content in message boards

Schneider Emigration to Wisconsin 1854- 1856

Schneider Emigration to Wisconsin 1854- 1856

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Schneider's ancestors emigration occurred in this time frame, but I can't find them in any ship records. Does anyone else have Schneider ancestors who emigrated to Wisconsin in this time? If so can you please email me. I would like to know more about their migration patterns and how to possibly uncover their steps they took to come to America.

Re: Schneider Emigration to Wisconsin 1854- 1856

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider Baraboo WI 1888
I am new to ancestry.com and am looking for some history on my Grandpa Ernest Paul (?) Schneider that was born in Baraboo, WI in 1888. I think he has some brothers and sisters but don.t know who. My Dad past away and he was a only child and now I am trying to put a tree on paper for my kids. If you have any info you would be willing to share, it would help or any ? I could answer please e-mail at www.davedschneider@hotmail.com" target="_blank">www.davedschneider@hotmail.com or www.davedschneider@cox.net" target="_blank">www.davedschneider@cox.net
Thanks Dave Schneider

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 2:03AM GMT
Those names do not match any of my names, but if you haven't already. Go to your local county courthouse and see if you can dig up any marriage, birth, death records. Good luck. If you don't live in that area go to www.raogk.com and a volunteer may be able to help you..

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 2:03AM GMT
Those names do not match any of my names, but if you haven't already. Go to your local county courthouse and see if you can dig up any marriage, birth, death records. Good luck. If you don't live in that area go to www.raogk.com and a volunteer may be able to help you..

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2002 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: SCHNEIDER, HEIMERMANN, ECKES, FREUND, FREIN, HAERIG/HARIG/HERIG, SCHMITZ, SCHMITT, KUGEL, & MANY MORE...
Our SCHNEIDER line came to America in 1853..They came by way of New York, then onto Wisconsin. This was found on the CDs that LDS Library has called "Germans to America".

Samantha Batten (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Schneider
My immigrant ancestor was John Schneider (1825-1901) and he migrated via the Port of New York in 1855. The next event I can find is the birth of his daughter in 1863. I also don't know anything else on the ship. Sorry. But I would be happy to share if this matches your line.
Good Luck,
Samantha

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider, Ketter
Mark, I have some information that might help you. My Schneiders emigrated from Luxembourg to Wisconsin in 1954. This is documented by the birth of a child, Adam Schneider in July 1854. He was born at sea and was baptized in Chicago at St Michael's Catholic Church. His family (and many aunts and uncles) settled in Cedarburg, Town of Holland, Sheboygan Co., Wisc. You can find his families in the 1860 Census in that area.

If you would like more information, just let me know

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 7:42PM GMT
Sorry for the error in dates...they emigrated 1854.

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2004 11:11AM GMT
Johann Methusalem Gottlieb Schneider
born: June 26, 1817 in Mittelhausen, Saxony, Germany
immigration - arrived in New York on August 17, 1852 sailing on ship "Prince Albert" from Hamburg
Was in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin in 1860 census

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 7:38PM GMT
Hi Samantha
John Schneider is my wifes ggrandfather, her line is John, Balthsar,Hendry and her dad Arthur, I did see a father for John but just says P Schneider, that all she knows about this family and wants to know more, anything you can add?
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions