Search for content in message boards

william andersonj

william andersonj

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 11:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
don't know if you are still doing look ups

been seaching for a while noe for a ancestor of mine
William Anderson born 1856 Liverpool,emigrated to victoria in 1857 with his mother Catherine Anderson nee Goudie and his siblings Mary,Jane and Margaret
there father James Anderson born 1826 Scotland was there to meet them as he had gone over earlier, they settled in Inglewood Victoria.
found lot of info on his parents and siblings but nothing on William

Re: william andersonj

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 12:11AM GMT
Have you contacted owners of trees here to compare notes?All trees seem to suggest he died in Western Australia but there are no dates shown or reference to a death certificate.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
yes have seen other trees,but there must be something on him somewhere.no marriage, he didn't even go to his father's funeral,paper said he was iving in the neighbourhood of Delinquin when his father died

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 12:26AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2013 12:30AM GMT
When and where did James die,did he leave a will?Have you found William on electoral rolls?How do you know he died in WA?All the trees seem to be guesswork or straight out copying.I take it the J on Anderson is superfluous.Which of your trees includes William?Did James,William or others have a specific trade?Google Inglewood Historical Society,may be help there.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
James died in 1879 in Inglewood Victoria,he was a baker and he had a shop on Brook St,Inglewood,not found William on any electrol,
I have used The Inglewood society they charged me for information which I put on my tree and people have copied it I also purchased Catherine Anderson nee Goudie death certificate
the info I got from history society was hand written could'nt understand some of it,
also have Jame's will but William mentioned in it his first 2 daughters to Catherine Goudie were also his children of his second marriage to Catherine Murray nee Huggins
I have do a lot of research and shared with others
it was another tree which said William died in Western Australia
all the papers and documents are on my tree which is called the Wright /Goudie tree

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 12:36AM GMT
From your tree you have William in Deniliquin,New South Wales in 1879,no trace after that,then you have him in Victoria in 1900,are there sources for either?NSW BMD index is free online.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 10:05PM GMT
I have tried looking but didn't find any thing
per page

Find a board about a specific topic