Search for content in message boards

James McKinnon

James McKinnon

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there anyone who lives close to Douglas Ga that can help with finding information on James M. McKinnon? I've traveled down a few times to do research but could only do so much before heading home.

Re: James McKinnon

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 12:13PM GMT
In my notes I have a James M. McKinnon born 1804 in North Carolina, residing close to the Coffee, Ware Co. Ga. area in 1850. I have a James M. in my line, but not sure he was ever in Georgia. He was married to America Steele.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 12:04AM GMT
My James M. is the one born in 1804. He was married three times that I know of. Nancy Atkinson, Emily (Millie) Rogers and then to Louiza Meeks (my grt-grt grandmother. I've wondered if he may have married again because he would have been around 60 when she passed. Our family is just stumped as to what happened to him and where he is buried. I'll take any help I can get. Thank you so much for answering this. Let me know if you think we can help one another. Thank you...Janice

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 5:35PM GMT
Sorry, not the James in my line. I know how frustrating it can be not to find information. I have found that most of the family trees I have looked at are incorrect or have no citations on where they get their information. I just spent 2 weeks organizing all my McKinnon notes to find information on Alexander McKinnon. I know I had a lot of James listed. If you have an ancestry.com account I am on there.

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 5:28PM GMT
Thank you so much.I am on ancestry too. I just never have found out how to find peoples pages. Do I put 1aliyoung in somewhere?

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 9:08PM GMT
You can try that, but just go to McKinnon Young Brewer Tincher family tree and see what I have on mine. If you would give me an area where James might have lived or was born and a birthdate (as close as possible, parents names etc I might be able to help you find info on him.

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 10:55AM GMT
He was born in 1804 in N.C. He list N.C. on all the census I've seen. He moved to Clinch/Atkinson Co. Georgia in his early 20's. He was the first sherrif of Coffee Co. Georgia. He died in 1880. Non eof the family can find where he is buried or anything about his early childhood or siblings. It's so frustrating. I found his third wifes grave (my grt-grandmother). I'd been there and looked at that grave several times before it hit me that it was her but he's not there. A lot of the family still live around that area and don't know much about him. Thank you so much for offering to help me. Janice

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 5:06PM GMT
This was not my James. Mine was born around 1848.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 10:49PM GMT
Thank you for trying. That was so nice of you. I'm just going to stay at a brick wall with him.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 3:13PM GMT
I found a James born 1804 NC moved to Ga.Married 3 times, 1 Nancy Atkinson b (1808) and they had 1 son. Wife 2 Emily called Millie b 1802 in Tattnall Co. GA daughter of william Rodgers of Tattnall. Millie divorced 1st husban Wm. Mansell. James and Millie had 2 kids. She died 1852 and he then married Levisa or Louisa Meeks b 1828 in Emanuel Co and was daughter of Hymrick Meeks. She and James had 5 children. James kids in order are Mark b 1839, James, Kesiah, Narcissus, Wakefield, Elizabeth, Georgia Ann, Francis. James was a private in the Indian War. His land ended up in Atkinson Co. James was 2cd sheriff in Coffee Co. he died about 1880.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions