Search for content in message boards

U.S. Southern Claims Commission, Disallowed and Barred Claims, 1871-1880

U.S. Southern Claims Commission, Disallowed and Barred Claims, 1871-1880

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please post messages regarding the U.S. Southern Claims Commission, Disallowed and Barred Claims, 1871-1880 project on this thread.

Re: U.S. Southern Claims Commission, Disallowed and Barred Claims, 1871-1880

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 10:36AM GMT
In the general Project Instructions near the top, it says that names of claimants should not be keyed on the Witness Names Other form type. However, further down under the Witness Names Other section, it says state whether the individual is the claimant or the witness. Am I reading this wrong or missing something?! Thanks...

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 12:36PM GMT
We don't key signatures of witnesses from the last page of testimony. (I assume we don't key claimants either.) However, will this last page be obvious to us that that's what is it? I don't recall seeing an example of this.

I don't think that I've run across such a page. Hopefully it will have questions (looks like testimony) with witness signatures at the end and actually look like the end of something.

Of course I know new testimony can begin on the last page, too......!

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 1:02PM GMT
I think it is this type of page and the witness is just witnessing the signature which is why s/he is not keyed.
Attachments:

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 1:43PM GMT
No, I don't think I've seen this type of page. So nothing is keyed from this? Thanks for the example!

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 1:44PM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 19 Dec 2013 5:06PM GMT

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 1:58PM GMT
I'm hoping Anna will confirm whether or not that is the right example!

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 9:22PM GMT
This statement: "We are not capturing the signatures of the witnesses found on the last page of the testimony this page should be classified as "Cover page, Section header, etc." is located in the Witness Names Other section.

Shouldn't this be two sentences and be located not where it is now but under "Cover Page, Section header, etc." and "Testimony First Page?"

I think would this would reduce some confusion...

I like this project but don't quite have a handle on it. Seeing the numbers not moving much, I think others feel the same way. I find myself going back and forth from the record to the wiki!

Hope this helps! Forgive me if I'm seeing this wrong!

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 10:06PM GMT
Thought I would give this another chance keying as I see it is not moving at all. My question is about the image I have attached. This looks similiar but is a bit different from the keying image samples given for Application for Testimony Cover form type. Seems to have everything but the word "Application" and also includes three names (one of which is the claimant and I'm assuming the other two are witnesses). Would this be considered an Application for Testimony Cover form type; and if so, would you key the other two names listed under "Testimony of" as witnesses (they actually are witnesses as they were listed as such on a previous image)?
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 3:37PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2013 4:31PM GMT
Yes, I think you're right on all accounts. I'd key it as an Application for Testimony Cover, the one claimant, and the two witnesses. I do see the words "Special Commission" or "Special Commissioner" at the bottom.

I, too, have noticed this project is moving very slowly.

Sorry this answer is two weeks late!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions