Search for content in message boards

Marriage certificate from Victoria, Australia

Marriage certificate from Victoria, Australia

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Walton
Greetings All:

What must I do to get a copy of a marriage certificate from 1885 of my great grandparents? I have the certificate number.

Thanks for anyone's help or advice!

Re: Marriage certificate from Victoria, Australia

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 5:02AM GMT
Hi,
Just google VIC BDM (or vic bdm historical certificates) and follow the links to Purchase Historical Certificate.

Kellie

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 5:06AM GMT
You have to pay for your own certificates, we can find you the information, or you can plow through the newspapers yourself to find bmd postings, you can look for wills...the cost of the certificates should be worn by the person who wants the family information, not by the people doing all the research...the vic bdm's are on line..
Jenelle.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 5:19AM GMT
I think alot of newbies get seriously mislead by the ancestry ads on TV..they think they can just click on this leaf and get this and find shipping records and look at that, we pay some of us for ancestry subs, we go to historical societies to look at shipping reels, have you ever looked at some of that writing...We post as many free sites as we can, but UNDERSTAND, all this takes time...You just can't find everything at once..
Jenelle.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:04AM GMT
Thank you for your response, it was appreciated. I did search on line, found the Victoria vital records on line and ordered the marriage certificate I was looking for.

Cheers

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:11AM GMT
I never said anything about looking for free information. I am also not a newbie but I don't go around acting to others like I am a professional genealogist. Having begun my family genealogy back on the 1970's, with many breaks in between up to now, I would hardly call myself a newbie. I have always paid for all the information I have found as well.

I am a newbie to posting on Australian board sites and maybe I should just keep it that way.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions