Search for content in message boards

Perry family of Alleghany and Ashe county NC

Perry family of Alleghany and Ashe county NC

Posted: 20 May 2000 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2003 1:44AM GMT
Researching descendants, ancestors, and family of David Ira Perry and Mary Baker of Ashe County NC. David supposedly built the first turbine mill in Alleghany County NC and lived out his later years in Alleghany with his son Hiram Perry and Hiram's wife, Sarah Candice Roupe. Line includes Guy Perry of Perryden Dairy and Alleghany County commissioner. Arthur Perry, Guy's father also supposedly served as county commissioner.
Although the Alleghany County Historical society states that David Ira Perry entered Alleghany after trading land in Gary, West Virginia for land in Piney Creek, records demonstrate a long Ashe County connection prior to his Alleghany stay.
David was born March 25 1831 and died December 19, 1919.
On November 4, 1851 he married Mary Baker a direct descendant of John Cox in Sparta NC. An absence from the 1880 Ashe census and reappearance in the 1900 Alleghany census does not eliminate a possible West Virginia connection during the interim. Mary Baker Perry was buried in Alleghany county in 1897.
Additional information is available at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tomperry/gen/familyalbum.htm
for those interested,
including intermits in the Robert L Perry family cemetery of Alleghany county. Robert and his wife Lillie Caldwell are buried there along with David and his immediate family although I'm still trying to confirm Robert's family connections to David.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Links are also being sought for sites related to Alleghany and Ashe County families and especially Perry family sites of any state, county or country, or sites related to research in North Carolina or these two counties in particular.
Especially interested in ANY information connected to Riley Hall (or Wiley Hall) and Rebecca Ann Larue.
Additional key names include William Franklin Perry and Zilpha Parrish, Aras Perry and Nancy Pugh, John Freel Perry and Lena Hall (of Laural Springs),and John McMillan and Marion McLamont (who migrated from Edinburgh, Scotland to Alleghany County NC).
Resarch indicates that this Perry family line first came to America via New York, I've yet to establish any connections prior to Ashe County NC.

Perry Family

Beverly (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 6:52PM GMT
Have you found any of the Perry connection who left NC and moved to GA in 1830's.
I am trying to link the family of Jacob Perry born 1825 in NC, his mother Olive born 1802, brother George born 1837 and sister Nancy born 1829 in NC. Jacob was born in Robeson County, father's name is unknown. No mention of the father coming to GA with the family either. Would appreciate any help.

Jacob Perry

Posted: 25 Sep 2000 2:03PM GMT
This is the first inquiry I've recieved related
to Perrys who went to Georgia. I'm sorry, but I don't
have anything on this line at this time. I do
recall running into these names recently at another
site, but having not found a connection didn't
record them.Thank you for your response.

Perrys from Ashe County NC

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:52AM GMT
Perrys from Ashe County NC,WV,IL,IA. Johnathan Perry b.1809 with wife Elizabeth Sterling Perry b.1815 and children:Nancy Ann, Thomas, Malichi, Emeline, Elihu, and Alice.

i'm interested

Posted: 27 Sep 2000 3:39PM GMT
I've run across these names previously but have found nothing to connect them to my family line. Considering the dates involved there were few Perry's there at that time. More information would be needed to make a connection and would be much appreciated. You can visit my site at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tomperry/gen/familyalbum.htm
and compare what you have to what you find there or email me directly
tom_perry@hotmail.com
A Jonathon Perry appears in David's marriage record as a witness. Those I've been in contact with have no clue who he may have been as several Jonathon Perry's appear in the records but none in known records of our family line.
thank you for your response and time.

jacob perry

kathie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 4:03PM GMT
i,m looking for info on jacob perry who married obediene lee sometime in the mid 1800. they had one son stephen perry. if you have any info please email me at bo-peewe@msn.com thank you kathie

Re: Perry Family

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perry
Contact me - I have some information on Jacob and his father. I also have a direct decendant that you may want to talk to about Jacob and his father Drury Perry. Email me at bluwnddncing@wmconnect.com Blue Childers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic