Search for content in message boards

Olive Hill National Bank

Olive Hill National Bank

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shumate, DeHart and Armstrong
I am researching the old Olive Hill National Bank, organized in 1905 and placed in voluntary liquidation in 1910.
The officers of this bank were: J.W. Shumate, president; M.W. Armstrong, vice-president; and J.S. DeHart, cashier.
I would like to locate any information printed or otherwise about this old bank or these bankers. I am searching for direct descendants of Shumate, Armstrong and DeHart.
This bank issued its own paper money in the form of $10 and $20 bills, and I have searched for over 20 years for some of this old currency--or even a check or postcard that shows the original bank building.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Olive Hill National Bank

Posted: 13 Aug 2009 6:11AM GMT
This is really wild! So interesting...I wish I had some info, but like you, I am still looking for answers. However, I would be very interested if you find anything. My mother's family, (f: Oney Theodore Shumate, m: Maude Mae Bebee) were from the east side of Fleming Co. and I can recall my mother saying how they would go to Olive Hill and possibly, we had some relatives buried there. My mother was born in 1905 and her siblings were also born there. Good Luck!

Posted: 21 May 2014 3:24AM GMT
I have a olive hill national bank note I live in olive hill ky and also I have a first national bank of grayson note danny shumate live there tell 2013 he was 70 years ols

Posted: 21 May 2014 1:26PM GMT
Hello Mr. Long,
I would love to see a copy of your old bills, especially the Olive Hill National Bank. Can you mail me one at: Richard Deavers, 223 Reservoir Avenue, Central City, Ky. 42330; FAX 1-270-754-1805; or email r_deavers_2000@yahoo.com.
I would pay a very good price for the Olive Hill bill, and would like to add it to my collection of Kentucky national bank notes. I look forward to hearing from you.
Richard Deavers

Posted: 31 May 2014 8:02PM GMT
Sorry to bother you, but still haven't received a copy of the olive hill note, and I am so anxious to see it and possibly persuade you to sell it to me for my collection.
Richard

Posted: 8 Jun 2014 1:55AM GMT
Hello Mr. Long,
I am most interested in seeing a copy of your bills, and hope you will send them to me one day soon. I am prepared to pay you a very large price for the Olive Hill bill, but need to see a copy. If you do not wish to call me, perhaps you could give me your phone number and tell me the best time to call you.
I have been collecting these old bank notes for over 30 years, and it is one of my great passions. I look forward to hearing from you.
Richard

Posted: 18 Jun 2014 2:54PM GMT
Still looking forward to receiving a copy of the Olive Hill bill. Hope you received my letters I sent you, and that I am sending them to the right address. It has been nearly a month since i last heard from you, and am anxious to see a copy of the bill and hopefully purchase it for my collection. I am prepared to pay several thousand dollars--and would pay $100 just to see a copy. Ha, ha. Email me at: r_deavers_2000@yahoo.com; FAX 1-270-754-1805; or call my cell phone at 1-270-543-3014.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014 9:22PM GMT
Would you consider $8,500 for the Olive Hill bill? If not, tell me what you think is fair and I am sure we can reach a deal. But I do need to see a copy of it. I can't understand why I haven't heard back from you, Mr. Long. This is very important to me, and I do hope to hear from you soon.
Richard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic