where and his Parents,a 1881 Quebec census has 1847 for
abt.his birth.Thank yiu.deb.

Re: La-Passe Marriage look-up

Cathay Duquette Moreau (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2003 12:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 May 2009 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Germain
According to the book of Pontiac Cry. marriages, Thomas was the son of Joseph Germain and Esther Maheu. I have no info on his birthdate.

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2003 12:35AM GMT
Thank you for trying,Deb

P.LaPierre (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2005 9:33PM GMT
Att’n LaRonde Descendents
All descendents of Toussaint Antoine Denys-DeLaRonde and Marie Kekjicakoe qualify to be recognized as Non-Status Algonquin and can be included as members of the re- established Kichesipirini Algonquin First Nation. All members residing in Ontario can participate in the upcoming Algonquin Negotiations Representative Elections and can have representation in the Land Claim Negotiations. This is a very historical event. The Kichesipirini Algonquin First Nation is the oldest, best documented Algonquin Nation in North American history and can play a very important role in future economic, social and cultural development. This is a tremendous opportunity for the descendents of this Laronde line. For further information please contact Paula LaPierre at kichesippi@hotmail.com. Further details about the process can be obtained from the website www.blaney.com/algonquin.htm There is a limited time frame so please contact as soon as possible. Megweetch.

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 11:24AM GMT
Thomas's death record shows 3/20/1824 to 4/25/1930 which would make him 106 years old. I would really doubt that but his obit says the same. Thomas is my gr grandfather and is buried at riverside cemetery, sault ste. marie michigan along with his wife marceline. Most of their children were born Fort Coulonge, Quebec, Canada. They belong to the parish of mt carmel in lapasse, renfrew, ontario, canada which is about three miles and across the river from Fort Coulonge, Quebec, Canada. As far as i can tell they settled around sault ste marie in 1890. The 1900 us census says he claims his birthdate as mar 1844 which sound more reasonable. I have no idea how he claimed his birthdate as 1824 and was 106 years old LOL. Probably buls---. Anyone can write me at dalerenaud@wowway.com

Posted: 23 Jul 2009 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: germain
I believe this is the record you are looking for....even though the sur name of the bride is different all other names and dates seem to fit.
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 1:28PM GMT
Thomas's actual birthdaate is 26 Mar 1843 St-Jacques-l`Achigan, Quebec, Canada. The baptism record is using the last name Touin. one of those dit names. Touin dit Germain. Tough following them in their parish because sometimes the priest uses Germain and then sometimes Touin

Re: La-Passe Marriage look-up - GERMAIN m Gerard, RENFREW 1872

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 25 Jan 2013 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: GERMAIN, GERARD
NOTE SPELLING/S

Name: Thomas Germain
OF COULONGE
BATCHELOR FARMER
Birth Place: St Jacque Que
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1847
Father Name: Joseph Germain
Mother Name: Esther Germain
TO
Spouse Name: Marceline Gerard
OF COULONGE
Spouse's Age: 15
Spouse Birth Year: abt 1857
Spouse Birth Place: Callumette Island
Spouse Father Name: Eustache Gerard
Spouse Mother Name: Eulalie Gerard
Marriage Date: 1 Apr 1872
Marriage County or District: Renfrew

BOTH ROMAN CATHOLIC

DROUIN
Name: Marcelline Girard Dite Jolicoeur
Spouse: Thomas Germain
Event: Marriage
Religion: Catholique
Marriage Location: LaPasse, Ontario
Marriage Year: 1851-1943

SEE ATTACHED TOP RIGHT
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions