Search for content in message boards

Sattes Cemetery, Charleston, WV

Sattes Cemetery, Charleston, WV

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 3:41PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I have very sad news if you are looking for friends or loved ones at Sattes Cemetery. The public access is completely blocked by fallen trees. I reached it by a private route and found it to be completely overgrown. I was searching for my grandfather's and grandmother's graves, but that is now impossible. I'm afraid that the cemetery has been reclaimed by Mother Earth.

Re: Sattes Cemetery, Charleston, WV

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was at Sattes Cemetery this past weekend. You can now go through most of it, but it is highly overgrown. My family and I intend on cleaning as much of it up as we can as soon as the weather permits.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:55PM GMT
That is wonderful news. I will go back and try again. Thank you for the update and for your work to clean it up.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:50AM GMT
Everyone is more than welcome. We would love to find our family members who are there. Hope your next trip is much better.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 5:27AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Miller
Hi, I saw your earlier posts. My great grandfather is buried there, per his death certificate. Charles R Miller, 1872-1938. That is wonderful that you would do some work to clean it up! I am in California, or I would be very happy to help. I am very interested if there are still any markers, especially my gr grandfathers, of course. If there is something that I can do from out here to help, please let me know. Grateful for your help. Nancy S., Lancaster CA

Posted: 27 Oct 2013 2:38AM GMT
Could you please tell me where this cemetery is located. I can't seem to find any information on it. My grandmothers sister is buried there. She died in 1909 at the age of 9. Her name was Georgia A. Mundy

Posted: 31 Mar 2014 12:28AM GMT
Please let me know if you plan to clean up the cemetery anytime soon. I would be more than happy to assist you! My 3rd great grandparents are buried there. My name is Donny Jones and my email is JacksonCoRebel@gmail.com if you would like to arrange a time to work up there. I am on here daily, also, if you'd prefer to just talk through messages on here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions