Search for content in message boards

Allen W. Knepper Killed in World War II

Allen W. Knepper Killed in World War II

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 11:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knepper
I am looking for two things. The proper spelling of Allan or Allen W. Knepper and his hometown. I have his home county as Nez Perce. He will be placed on the Kern County, California Wall of Valor for the Kern Veterans Memorial Foundation.
KNEPPER, ALLAN W O737801 AAF 2 LT 07/11/1944

Re: Allen W. Knepper Killed in World War II

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 12:26AM GMT
The obit of Allan's father lists his name as Allan Knepper. Looks like Jess, the father, stayed within 50 miles of Lewiston most of his life, except for the time that he was in Othello, Washington, so it is quite possible that Allan was born and/or raised in the Lewiston area. If you need any other info, please contact me at skuther@camasnet.com
Shelley Kuther

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Knepper
Good morning. I am doing research on my father's military service during WWII. My father, and Mr. Knepper, joined the service together on the same day in 1942. I would like to know more about Mr. Knepper, and possibly reach out to his family. Is there any information about him that you can share? And contacts you can put me in touch with?

Many thanks,

Robert Richardson
hope_engineering@msn.com
509-879-5214

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:33AM GMT
There were two recent deaths listed in the Lewiston Tribune (publication date 12/29/12) for Jess Dwane Knepper and his wife (I'm assuming) Geraldine F. Knepper. They were living in Caldwell, Idaho, at the time of their death; he on 12/25/12, and she on 12/13/12. Relyea Funeral Chapel in Caldwell, Idaho, handled the arrangements. You might find other family in that area.

Jess's age was 93; Geraldine was 96. Both are listed as being former Lewiston residents. I'm guessing this Jess may be a brother to the Allen that you're searching for.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:37AM GMT
Here's another link:

http://www.wwiimemorial.com/default.asp?page=registry.asp&am...

This gives his name as Allan W. Knepper, but only lists Nez Perce County as his hometown.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:40AM GMT
This is a link to online copies of the Lewiston Morning Tribune (now the Lewiston Tribune) for a timeframe in which to search for any additional information on Allan's family:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=BtfE7wd9KvMC&dat=1...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic