Search for content in message boards

Sizemore Family

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello,

What is your grandfather's name??? There are a huge number of SIZEMORES and many Williams.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Sizemore Family

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2001 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore, Asher
I am looking for information on my grandfather's family.
He was born 12/14/07 in Hyden, KY in Leslie County.
His parents were Middie Roberts Sizemore and Will Sizemore.
At the time of his death he had 2 living siblings (that I know about): Manford Sizemore and Ethel Couch.
I believe his parents divorced and remarried more than once. Some sibling names I have been given are: Tinsley Bruce, Bobby Napier, Jettie Howard. Does anyone know anything about this family?
My grandfather married a Marie Asher and they lived in Letcher County.
Thanks

Asher, Sizemore

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore, Asher, Wooten
Thanks for all your help.
The first posting you sent was correct. Mittie and her husband were married young (though I'm not sure how young).
It is Mittie's husband Will that I am lost on. I have absolutely no information on him.

The Charles, Monroe and Shirley that you list are three of my mom's siblings. I never knew that my "Uncle Carles" was really a Charles. Thank you! I have to e-mail his daughter and see if see knew.

The Sizemore connection is very confusing. I have been trying to locate information about my grandfather's father for almost two years now.

SIZEMORE, ASHER

Hello,

Here is a listing for Ruck ASHER:
1900 leslie co.
Dwelling 279-Hyden
ASHER, Hugh, husband, 38, b. Feb. 1862, KY; parents b. KY
. . Emily, wife, b. May 1868, 32, mar. 11 years, 7 born; 6 living, b. KY; parents b. KY
. . Elisha, son, 9, b. Aug 1890, KY
. . Henry, son, 8, b. May 1892, KY
. . Ruck, son, 6, b. Apr 1894, KY * * *
. . Stella, dau, 4, b. Jan 1896, KY
. . John, son, 3, b. May 1897, KY
. . Juda, dau, b. Feb. 1900, KY

On the 1910 Fed. Census
ASHER, Hughes, 47, head of household, "widow", KY
. . Henry, 18, son, KY
. . Ruck, 16, son, KY * *
. . Stella, 14, dau, KY
. . John, 12, says dau??), KY
. . Suda, 10, dau, KY
. . Abijah, 7, son, KY
. . Mahala, 4, dau, KY
WOOTEN, Joe, 23, "stepson, single, KY

Also, here are some births - - all for Marie ASHER, maiden name of mother
SIZEMORE, Charles R. b. 11-12-1937, Letcher Co., KY, Vol. 116, Cert #57935

SIZEMORE, Morris D., born 12-5-1940 in Letcher Co., KY, Vol. 133, Cert #66206

SIZEMORE, Shirley A., b. 9-24-1943 in Letcher Co., KY; Vol. 142, Cert #70572
ASHER, Taylor born in Leslie Co. on 7-4-1918 to Leedia WOOTEN, maiden name of mother, Vol. 97, Cert #48056

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

SIZEMORE - Correction

Hello,

After re-reading your initial query, I realized you are stating that the Mittie (mother of Monroe) was a ROBERTS; therefore, the information I just gave you may not be correct at all.

I did locate the birth record for Manford SIZEMORE who shows as follows:
SIZEMORE, Manford b. 2-17-1915 in Leslie Co., KY; maiden name of mother: SIZEMORE, Mollie, Vol. 43, Cert #21185

Sorry, I cannot seem to make heads or tails of this family.
Perhaps a more active SIZEMORE researcher will be able to help you.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
Hello,

I am not related; however, here is some information for you. There are only TWO Monroe SIZEMORES listed on the 1910 Leslie Co.Fed. Census. I do not own the 1920 so you will need to request a "look-up" on that one or purchase a transcribed census book or rental microfilm to view the family later on. There are no census records available past 1920.

This "appears" to be the correct Monroe. The other one was abt. 1897.

Dwelling 134-69
SIZEMORE, James, 40, husband, mar. 1, mar. 18 years, b. KY; parents b. KY
. . Emily, 38, wife, mar. 1, mar. 18 years, 3 born; 3 living, b. KY; parents b. KY
. . Mittie, 16, dau, single, KY * *
. . Myrtle, 13, dau, single, KY
. . Mattie, 2, dau, KY
. . Monroe, 4, son, KY * *

NOTE: It "almost" appears that this William SIZEMORE perhaps was NOT married to Mittie SIZEMORE because she is 16 years old and there is a Monroe already in the household - age 4.

I will do some further checking for you; however, I am not a SIZEMORE researcher. Perhaps I can locate some of these other children who were later births than the 1910 Fed. Census.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
Surnames: Sizemore, Asher, Wooten
My grandfather was Monroe Sizemore. He was born in Hyden, KY. I have done pretty well with family info except for his father's side. His father was Will Sizemore, married at one time to Mittie Sizemore (daughter of James and Emily Sizemore) and also married to a woman named Mollie. With Mittie he only had my grandfather. With Mollie he had children named Bruce, Tinsley, Manford and Ethel (Couch). I have never been able to find Will or any information regarding his history. My grandfather (Monroe) was born 12/14/07 and died 3/6/84. My grandfather married Marie Asher, daughter of Ruck Asher and Lida Wooten.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a family reunion this summer and I would love to present a family tree to my grandmother and her children. (My mom, her daughter, passed away almost 5 years ago)

Re: SIZEMORE, ASHER

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 1:06AM GMT
JOYCE, THIS IS MY FATHERS FAMILY. MY GRANDFATHER WAS RUCK ASHER BORN APRIL 1894. HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE FAMILY I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIND THEM THANK YOU VICTORIA ASHER PAYNE. THEDBERRY@AOL.COM

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 12:24PM GMT
Surnames: Wooten, Asher, Sizemore
Ruck Asher was my great-grandfather. He was born 4/1/1894 and dies 3/26/1975. He married Lida Wooten (born 2/22/1892, died 2/26/1975) on July 3, 1912.
They had four children - Marie (my grandmother - still living), Dosha, Taylor and Anna Lee.
Ruck and Lida divorced. I know Ruck remarried, but I do not know to who, or information about children they had.
The parents of Ruck are Hughes Asher (born 1/10/1863, died 4/12/1918). He is buried in the Joe Napier Cemetery in Dryhill, KY. Hughs married Emily Hibbard (born 5/1868). From the information I found I believe they had eight children - Ruck, Elisha, John, Bige, Henry, Stella, Sudie, Martha.
How are you related to Ruck?

VICKIE (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 12:21AM GMT
MY FATHER IS RUCK ASHER TWO. WHEN MY GRANDFATHER RUCK DIVOICED LEDIA WOOTEN HE REMARRIED IDA BEGLEY.AND HAD CHILDREN WITH YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHER WHUCH IS MY GRANDFATHER THE CHILDREN WERE RUTHHELEN,SHIRLEY, MY FATHER RUCK,JENNIE,PAULINE,AND JOHNNY MOST OF THEM LIVE IN INDIANA. MY FATHER PASSED AWAY IN 1980 FIVE YEARS AFTER HIS FATHER. PAULINE LIVES IN HAZARD KY. THE CHILDREN BY RUCK AND IDA ARE MARIE THATS ONE I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT I HAVE MET TAYLOR WHICH HAS PASSED ON AND DOSHA I BELIEVE THEY CALL HER DOROTHY. ITS BEEN ALONG TIME SINCE IVE SEEN THEM SINCE 1974
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions