Search for content in message boards

Schwerdtfeger family

Schwerdtfeger family

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schwerdtfeger
Hello, I am tracing my ancestor Friedrich Peter Schwerdtfeger. I know that he was born in Germany around 1818, and on his Australian naturalisation papers he said that he was from the Duchy of Brunswick, but this may or may not have been where he was born. He emigrated from Germany to Victoria, Australia in 1849/1850 aboard the Hamburg Brig "Antonie". I'm hoping to trace his origins in Germany, so if any Schwerdtfeger relatives who may have information about him read this, please contact me :)

Re: Schwerdtfeger family

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 8:43AM GMT
You are probably best to post in the German boards if you are looking for German connections (perhaps you already have!)

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 10:51PM GMT
Haha yes I have done that also, I just thought I'd try all of my options in case a fellow Schwerdtfeger Australian descendant saw my post and could help me out :P Thanks though mollipops1 !!

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 12:25PM GMT

Are just 6 in the current on line Whitepages

Bye

MargM

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 7:33AM GMT
I don't know if this helps but I have a marriage certificate for a Frederick Schwerdtfeger in August 1853 which shows he was born in Brunswick Germany (unfortunately no age is listed) parents are listed as Henry Schwerdtfeger and Elizaberth Kash. His father's occupation is listed as "clerk". He married Elizabeth Hobbs (nee McNamara) in Geelong and Elizabeth died in 1877 in Drummond Vic (near Malmsbury and Lauriston).

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 8:23AM GMT
Further to previous post. I believe after Elizabeth died Frederick married Mary Ann Taylor in 1878. However, the registration was under Schwerdtpoger. His parents on this occasion were listed as Henry Schwerdtpoger - farmer and Elizabeth Casten or Caster (difficult to read).

Posted: 3 May 2013 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Schwerdtfeger
Hi topsypat!

Thanks for you help, I still haven't been able to trace his origins in Brunswick unfortunately. I'm still trying though! :) I had no idea that he remarried! That's very interesting, thanks for that! Do you by any chance have a copy of that marriage certificate?

Posted: 3 May 2013 11:55AM GMT
Yes I have both certificates I'm happy to give you a copy if you want.

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 1:19PM GMT
can i also get copies of those certificates?
i am also trying to research fred swcherdtfeger.

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 6:31AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2013 6:32AM GMT
Hi,

Was hoping i could get a copy of the certificate for Elizabeth and Fred. I am researching Elizabeth HOBBS who is my wife's Great-Great-great-grandmother. I also have several documents relating to Eliza, mainly the full Inquest Report into her death in 1877 whilst married to Fred.

Am more than happy to do a trade.

Looking forward to your reply.

cheers
Chris HUGHES
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions