Search for content in message boards

Zelva Jean Lambson

Zelva Jean Lambson

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2003 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Lambson, Burcher
In 1936, my uncle, WIlliam Garfield Burcher, was in the CCC's in Mackay, Custer, Idaho. He met an young girl, Zelva Jean Lambson who lived with her family there. He stayed until 1939 when he entered the Navy. In December of 1939 he made it home to the Lambson's for his one and only leave. His ship was sunk, the USS Langley and then his rescue ship was sunk, the USS Pecos in 1942. I have about two dozen of Jean's letters to Bill's mother, Bessie Burcher in Somerton, Belmont County, Ohio and would dearly love to get in touch with anyone who knows what happened to Jean.

Re: Zelva Jean Lambson

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 6:14PM GMT
I think i might have an idea i am a LAMBSON myself ... e-mail me and i will tell you all i know

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 9:36PM GMT
Amanda, I would love to hear from you. It's been a couple years since I posted that message, my dad has died and he was the brother to William Burcher, but I have many letters written by Jean to my grandmother. Jean and William were engaged. Thanks
Pam

amanda (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2004 5:01PM GMT
I dont know a whole lot about the Lambson family but i have heard stories from my dad .. my mom and him are divorced so i dont get to know a whole lot about that side of the family but i am a lambson ... my dads name is Daniel Lambson Jr. his dad is Daniel Lambson Sr. .. i am trying to find out more information from my dad and i will get back to you as soon as i find out more .. you can e-mail me at ILOVU0213@yahoo.com Thanks
Amanda

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 7:29PM GMT
How are you related to Bill Lambson

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 8:05PM GMT
My family is not related to Zelva Jean Lambson. She was a young woman very important to my uncle who died in the second war. I have some of her letters to my grandparents and had hoped to track her back when my parents were alive but they are both dead now as is that entire generation in my family. Thank you for the inquiry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions