Search for content in message boards

Yearian Family

Yearian Family

Posted: 8 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2006 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Yearian, Steward
Hello,

I am looking for information on the Yearian family and the Steward family of Lemhi, Idaho. Does anyone have any information? I have a family album of Yearians but do not know who they are. My family was Yearian but I have not found any information on them. Thank you.

Yearian Family

Posted: 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2001 4:15PM GMT
Mary Margaret Hasy located at 122 S. Lombard, Salmon, Id. 83467 is a granddaughter of Emma Yearian, "The Sheep Queen of Idaho" and I am sure she has lots of information if you would contact her. There are also numerous law suits located in the courthouse where Emma Yearian was the defendant because in those days the cattle owners and the sheep owners did not get along. I believe all the cases were dismissed. The Lemhi County Museum will be opening next week and I can do some research there as soon as the museum opens. Dr. F. W. Hanmer, one of the local early physicians and was helped acquire one of the first airports in Lemhi County as well as being a pilot, was married to one of the Yearian girls, but they are both deceased. Both were very interesting individuals to talk to. If I can help you further, please let me know.

Re: Yearian Family

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2002 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Yearian
Rebecca,
I would like to talk with you and exchange information. I am also looking for information on the Yearians. My great-greatgrandmother was Lucy Yearian Gorton, daughter of John Yearian an early settler of Lemhi.
Colleen
surreyoaks@aol.com

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 4:09AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Yearian and Stroud
Colleen, does your John Yearian have a son named Zepheniah B. md to Jane Stroud from Perry Co, ILL. I am researching Jane Stroud's brothers Elijah and John D. who also went to Lemhi Co, ID. Please let me know. Do you know where they were between Illinois and Idaho. We think Strouds were in Missouri but this isn't in cement.

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 4:35AM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2006 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Stroud, Yearian
I would be happy to make contact with you. Elijah Green Stroud was the father of Thomas John Stroud who was my great Grandfather. From what I know the family came directly to Idaho from Illinois; at least those are the stories I remember hearing from them. I knew Thomas John and his wife Sarah Reddington and all of their children: Chauncey (my grandfather), Everett, Bess, Wilma, Wilbur. Let me know if I can be of help or if you have additional information.

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Yearian & Stroud
Thanks for reply, Tony. Am curious about Thomas John as his birthplace is shown as Springfield, MO. Should that be Springfield, IL? Also, I do have more info for you. I found Elijah Green's parents and siblings in Perry Co, Illinois in 1860 and also the enlistment of Elijah G. and his brother John D. in the 110th Illinois Infantry, Co H on 11 Sep 1862--did anyone ever mention Civil war service? Elijah & John's parents were Hodge(s) & Sally Stroud. Their two daughters appear to have married Yearians--Elizabeth and Sarah J. the only sibling I can't find is James N. who was 17 in 1860.

Colleen Martin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2003 3:00AM GMT
Yes, my John Yearian had a son Zephaniah Bell Yearian, but his wife's name I have as Sarah Jane Stroud, sister of Elizabeth Ann Stroud (born in Bedford County, TN in 1840) who also married a Yearian, the second wife of George Yearian, John's brother. I have Sarah Stoud being born in Nashville, TN in 1841 to Hodge Stroud and wife Amey Johnson and then moving to DuQuoin, Perry County, IL and marrying there. I don't know who Sally Stoud is. Do you know if Hodge Stoud was married twice? As far as your question of where they were between Illinois and Idaho, George Yearian and his brother Jacob Yearian came West first in April, 1864 to Horse Prairie near Bannack, Montana to look for gold. In 1865 they went back to DuQuoin to get their families and settled in Horse Prairie in the winter of 1866. By summer of 1867 John and Elijah Stroud arrived in Horse Prairie to be with their sister Elizabeth. In 1871 George and Elizabeth Yearian moved to Lemhi County, Idaho.

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stroud, Green, Ensey
I am researching the Stroud family, starting with Tennessee and ending in Missouri, Texas and Idaho. Hodge Stroud, who moved to Illinois from Tennessee (and whose children moved to Idaho, thus the Yearian connection), is a brother to Bethel(who moved to Texas), Merritt (who moved to Missouri and stayed) and John (who also moved to Texas via Missouri). I would like to correspond and exchange information with others who share this line; it would be nice to finally have all the Stroud brothers and descendants straight!

Posted: 8 Aug 2009 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Yearian
Hi Jamie. I was only a researcher for someone who is related to you thru the Strouds. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then but I can pass your email
on to him as he lives near by. I'm pretty sure it's the
same family!

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 1:02AM GMT
Wonderful! Thanks so much. I appreciate all the help I can get.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions