Search for content in message boards

Mastin & Sarah Fraley Clay

Mastin & Sarah Fraley Clay

Posted: 18 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Clay, Fraley
Im seeking any information on Mastin Clay who married Sarah Fraley in Carter County Ky on October 20,1858. Sarah had a son named Fulton Fraley. Any information on either of these names would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Mastin & Sarah Fraley Clay

Keli (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2004 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: Fraley, Turner, Bush
Sarah Fraley was the daughter of Henry Fraley (s/o Frederick Fraley & Chloe) and Mary Turner (d/o James Turner and Mary Bush). She was born in Russell County, Virginia and is the sister of my ggg-grandmother Nancy Fraley. In the 1850 Russell County, VA census, she is 27 years old and living with her mother Mary and Fulton Fraley is living with them. Are Fulton Fraley and Flemming Fraley twins?

Posted: 25 Apr 2004 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2004 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Fraley
Fulton was a only child.
Do you have any clue to who his father was? I was hoping maybe one of Sarahs family wrote it down somewhere..

Keli (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2004 1:13PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: FRALEY, CLAY, TURNER, BUSH
I don't know who Fulton's father was. Have you checked the Russell County, VA website? It is www.rootsweb.com/~varussell/ Do you have any idea who Flemming Fraley is? He is the same age as Fulton. You know that the Clay families show up in the census near the Fraley family often throughout the years? My Grandma Nancy Fraley's son was named Rufus M. Fraley. Rufus M. Clay lived a couple of doors down from Nancy. I wonder if he was the father?

In the 1920 census, my Rufus Fraley lived next door to Fulton Fraley, Mary, Roy, Jessi?, Ethel and Dortha? Fraley in Maddox, Carter County, KY. In 1930 Fulton lived in the same place with his wife Mary. His son Roy, Jessie, Ethel, Dortha and Irene Fraley lived next door. The next house was Bob Fraley with Laura, Elaine and Russell. A couple of doors up is Dallas Fraley with Mary, Haskill, Louise, Lucille, and Alene Fraley. Who is Dallas Fraley?

I'm sorry that I can't help you. I wish we knew who the father's of Nancy and her sister Sarah's children were. Nancy ended up having a daughter born out of wedlock too. Her name is Louisa Fraley, and I have no idea who her father was either. So sorry!

Best of luck to you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Sincerely,
Keli

529 Fraley (Henry) (Dec'd) s/Frederick & Chloe Fraley
529 Fraley Mary TURNER 54 Russ w/Henry Fraley, d/James Turner & Mary Bush
529 Fraley Sarah 27 Russ.
529 Fraley Nancy 20 Russ.
529 Fraley Isaac 16 Russ.
529 Fraley Fulton H. 3 Russ.
529 Fraley Fleeming L. 3 Russ.
529 Fraley Rufus B. 5 m Russ. s/Nancy Fraley

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 5:29AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2004 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Fraley
This is the same family. No question about it. All of my Fraley research is stored on Disk.. and I will try to find it. I do this research several years ago for my stepfather. He is the grandson of Fulton.. and Fulton was living with them when he passed away.
So is your line down from Nancy? the sister of Sarah..
Feel free to write to me. I would love to share any photos or info. I am thinking that I found some info on Nancy. I know I found some court records on one of them.. I will see what I can dig up..

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Fraley, Turner, Clay, Cook
Hi Keli and Sheila,
On the Marriage Records for Carter Co. KY the marriage of Sarah to Mastin is listed as Sarah Fraley md. Mason G. Clay:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kycarter/marriage/1858m.htm
We Fraley Researchers list Mastin's name as Mastin G. Clay.
Sheila Sarah and Nancy were sisters; both were daus of Henry and Mary Turner Fraley. Nancy married Sid Cook on Nov. 20, 1857 in Russell Co. VA. Sheila I never knew you were kin to the Fraley family; I hope the info helps in your research.
Best,
Ramona

Posted: 27 Apr 2004 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Fraley, Lee, Cook
Hello,
Sid Cook was who married Nancy Fraley was born Sid Lee s/o Martin and Fanny Lee; see Sid Cook:
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/1365/SidCook.html
I just found my Fraley-Lee and will post more info as I can on the Fraley-Lee family lines.
Best,
Ramona

Keli (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2004 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: FRALEY, GREER, COOK, LEE, TURNER, BUSH
Wow, that is great! Yes, I descend from Nancy Fraley (d/o Henry Fraley [s/o Frederick Fraley & Chloe] & Mary Turner [d/o James Turner & Mary Bush]) who married Algernon Sydney "Sid" Lee/Cook. They had a son Fletcher who died young and a daughter Elizabeth Cook. Elizabeth Cook married Josiah Greer and they had 13 children. Their son Charles Fred Greer ("Fred" or "Charley Fred") married Corrinne Viola Evans and they had my grandmother Ruth Greer. Granny just turned 89 years old on Easter Sunday.

I have one picture of Nancy Fraley. I have a few pictures of Elizabeth Cook-Greer and her sister Louisa Fraley-Johnson. (Louisa is Nancy's daughter out of wedlock.)

I would love to share information with anyone. Please email me at keli97@comcast.net.
Can't wait to hear from you.
Keli

Posted: 16 Jun 2005 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2005 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: CLAY, FRALEY
I AM ALSO RESEARCHING THE CLAY LINE MASTIN'S BROTHER RUFUS M. I HAVE FOUND FRALEYS LIVING IN MASTINS HOME IN 1850 AND I BELIEVE 1860 CARTER COUNTY,KY. MY THOUGHT WAS THEY WERE TWIN BROTHERS AND SONS OF SARAH'S FROM A PRIOR MARRIAGE.
QUESTION? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO ALBERT G CLAY'S FATHER & MOTHER WERE? ALBERT G.CLAY IS MASTIN'S FATHER. MAYBE TWEEN US WE CAN GET THIS MYSTERY SOLVED. RODEOROSE1981@WEBTV.NET

Keli (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2005 3:04AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2005 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: CLAY, FRALEY, TURNER
Sarah Fraley is the daughter of Henry Fraley and Mary Turner. Sarah had Fulton out of wedlock. She is the sister to my ggg-grandmother Nancy Fraley. I have found the Clay family (Albert G., James M., George W., Mastin G., Rufus M. and William H. Clay) in the 1850 census in Russell Co., VA, in the 1860 census all are in Carter Co., KY, in the 1870 census all but James are in Carter Co., KY (James is in Wayne Co., WV), and in the 1880 census Albert G. and Georges widow Margaret are in Somervell Co., TX, Rufus M. Clay is in Cooke Co., TX, Mastin Clay is in Jack Co., TX and WIlliam and James Clay are in Raleigh Co., WV.

I'm sorry, but I do not know who Albert G. Clays parents are although according to the census he was born about 1805 in North Carolina.

PS. James M. Clay is the father to my grandma Nancy Fraley's son (out of wedlock) Rufus M. Fraley.

Hope this helps.
Keli
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions