Search for content in message boards

Hannah Bassett Dustan, b.1805, Lisbon, ME

Hannah Bassett Dustan, b.1805, Lisbon, ME

Posted: 5 Feb 2001 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2004 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Pratt,Bassett,Dustan,Stockman
My g.g.grandmother, Adeline Bassett Pratt, had a sister named Hannah Bassett who married Farnum Dustan in abt. 1844. Adeline's parents were David Bassett and Hannah Stockman who were married in Livermore, Maine in 1801. I am seeking information from descendants of Hannah Dustan who may know something about her mother's, Hannah Stockman's, heritage. I have a good history on other branches of the family.
John Shotwell
Mercer Island, WA

Re: Hannah Bassett Dustan, b.1805, Lisbon, ME

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2005 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Bassett, Bassick, Dowdall, Dustin, Stockham
My g g g grandmother was Hannah Bassick. She was born in 1805 in Lisbon, Maine. She moved to St. George NB as a child and married 1) John Dowdall and 2) Farnham A. Dustin. Hannah's parents were listed as David Bassick and Hannah Stockham in her obit and on her death record.

I'm beginning to suspect that Hannah Bassett is the same person as Hannah Bassick. Hannah died in Belfast, Maine in 1899 at 94 years old.

Does anyone have additional information about this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Bassett,Stockman,Pratt
Hi Susan,
Received a msg. from you via Ancestry regarding David Bassett research. Cannot respond directly as I am currently inactive on Ancestry. Have done quite a bit in past years on David and spouse Hannah Stockman - both related to their ancestors and descendants.
If you wish to reach me, my current e-mail address is:
johnisjr@whidbey.com - live on Whidbey Island, WA.

Posted: 22 Sep 2013 4:10PM GMT
hello I have information on the Bassick family of Waldo County Maine ca. 1780-1900. My mother was Esther E. Bassick and her father was Franklin Treat Bassick born in Prospect Maine in 1869. Frank;s great grandfather was George Richard Bassick who was born in England and became a British agent to the Penobscot Tribe of Indians (I have documents from the MA archives proving this). It is quite possible that the David Bassick on your family tree is one of George Bassick's grandsons. Let me know if you are interested and we can compare notes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic