Search for content in message boards

MILFORD B CODDING b1859 MO mar. LULA b1859 IL Children KENNETH, MERLE, ROBT, HAROLD, MARJORIE

MILFORD B CODDING b1859 MO mar. LULA b1859 IL Children KENNETH, MERLE, ROBT, HAROLD, MARJORIE

Posted: 22 Apr 2006 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CODDING
Any assistance on this family and descendants appreciated.
1900 United States Federal Census [Census Place: Knox, District 55, Knox County, Illinois, Roll T623_314, Page 15B, ED 55]
Milford B. Codding, Head, White, Male, b Feb 1859, 41, Married 19 yrs., b MO, Father's Birthplace: OH, Mother's Birthplace: IL, Traveling Salesman/Drugs
Lulu Codding, Wife, White, Female, b Feb 1859, 41, Married 19 yrs., Children 7/Living 4, b IN, Father's Birthplace: KY, Mother's Birthplace: OH
Kenneth R. Codding, Son, White, Male, b Dec 1885, 14, Single, b IL, At School
Merle B. Codding, Dau., White, Female, b Jul 1888, 11, Single, b IL, At School
Marjorie V. Codding, Dau., White, Female, b Sep 1889, 10, Single, b IL, At School
Robert Codding, Son, White, Male, b Dec 1894, 5, Single, b IL

Re: MILFORD B CODDING b1859 MO mar. LULA b1859 IL Children KENNETH, MERLE, ROBT, HAROLD, MARJORIE

Posted: 20 May 2008 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Codding and Ball
I am Adele Marie Codding (now Sidock), and Milford and Lulu Codding were my grandparents on my father's side. My father was Robert Bruce Codding born December 8, 1895, Lulu and Milford's son. My father died on Feb. 18, 1957 in San Luis Obispo, Calif. Lulu's maiden name was Lulu Ball and she was born in Indiana in February 1859.

I am having an awful time researching my grandmother's, Lulu, parents. I cannot even find out where Milford and Lulu are buried. Help if you can, please.

How are we related?
Adele

Re: MILFORD B CODDING b1859 MO mar. LULA b1859 IL Children KENNETH, MERLE, ROBT, HAROLD, MARJORIE

Posted: 21 May 2008 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: CODDING/LANDER
Adele, I believe we previously communicated. I can resend what I have if this isn't the case.
Regards,
David
Cripple Creek

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 7:01AM GMT
Hello, are you a Codding? Robert Codding was my father. What would you like to know?

Posted: 26 Jul 2008 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: CODDING/LANDER
I apologize for the delay in answering. I have been away for three weeks.

Jane Ann LANDER and David Henry LANDER are 2nd cousins 4 times removed. Their common ancestors are Henry LANDER and Hannah SKINNER.

Jennie married Edgar.

If you could provide an e-mail address I could send you want I have as descendants of Robert on Lander side. Hopefully you can fill in blanks. My e-mail address is dvdlndr@aol.com

JENNIE LANDER was born in Knoxville, Illinois, July 9, 1836. She was a versatile and accomplished woman. She was greatly interested in our family history, and her letters were among the most interesting and satisfactory that your historian has received. She married EDWARD CODDING, and lived at Booneville, Missouri, and Galesburg, Illinois. Mr. CODDING died in 1903. They had two children: MILFORD, born in 1859, is a druggist in St. Charles, Illinois, and LUCY, born in 1862, lives in Knoxville, Illinois, unmarried and alone since her mother's death. Mrs. CODDING was greatly afflicted in her latter days. She became totally blind and had a fall in which a thigh was broken. She was seven weeks in a hospital, and died June 14, 1916, aged 80 years. [000:I/p108]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic