Search for content in message boards

Coffee

Coffee

Sarah Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 6:49AM GMT
I am looking for info on Ambrose Coffee born in Ireland 1755.He came to America as an indentured servant.He settled in Ky.

Coffee

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 11:18PM GMT
I have tried for years to find out information on Samuel Coffey's line....I can't get any farther than him....I believe that Jesse Coffee may have been his father....but I have no proof.....would you know any of the Coffee's earlier than Samuel.....I have been researching all the Coffee's in White Oak and Magoffin County....just can't put them together....ANY help would be appreciated ...I'm also trying to find out more on Samuel's wife Sarah M. Smith....and Jackson Barnett and his wife Rebecca Lykins....there is another Rebecca Lykins that was a couple generations before this Rebecca and the information has gotten all mixed up....thanks for your help....you can email me at decafjnr@earthlink.net.

Coffee

Sarah Smith (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 5:21PM GMT
Janice,
Do you have any dates for these names? I have quite a bit of info but it would help to have dates.They don't have to be exact ,within 10-15 years would be fine.I can tell you that Ambrose Coffee was born in Ireland in 1755 and came to America as an indentured servant to a man named John Hough.He was in Boonesborough with Daniel Boone .He married a woman named Ailsey(last name unknown.They had several children among which were William and Elijah.These 2 came into what was then Floyd County(now Moragn,Johnson and Magoffin) I descend from William.Elijah settled in the area you are talking about.I believe he is buried in Magoffin somewhere on the Licking River .He married first Elizabeth Bowen and then Peggy Patrick.He did have a son named Jesse born in 1833. This Jesse married first Margaret Williams and then Louisa Rudd.He and Louisa had a son Jesse but according to what I have this Samuel married Sarah F. Burges.Could this be your Samuel

Samuel Coffee

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 5:54PM GMT
Yes....this is my Samuel.....thank you so much....I could never get farther back than Jesse.....Sarah F. Burgess was Samuel's first wife...they had four children...His 2nd wife was Sarah Smith....they had 5 children one of which is my husband's Grandfather Charles...after Sarah died Samuel married Martha Fergusen...they had no children....I'm so excited....I was coming to a dead end when it came to who was Samuel's father.....thanks so much....if you have any other information on this line I would appreciate it too...

Coffee

Sarah Smith (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 10:48AM GMT
I tried to send you a file through e-mail but it came back with address unknown.

Coffee

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 11:38AM GMT
Hmmm....I don't know why it came back....here's my email address again....see if it works.... decafjnr@earthlink.net

Jan

coffee

Rene'e (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 2:38PM GMT
Do you know if there was an Abigail Coffee born in the late 1700's? If so do you have further info on it
Tommyzgirl1@aol.com

Rachel Coffee

Posted: 1 Sep 2000 9:41AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 4:33PM GMT
I am looking for the parents of Rachel Coffee
born 1790's? md. to Abraham/Absolem Hoge.
If you might have a suggestion or information
I would appreciate it. You can e-mail me at
rah0953@yahoo.com. Thanks, Becky

Rachel Coffee

Posted: 16 Nov 2000 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2003 11:01AM GMT
There was a Rachel Coffee, born Jan 22,1787 in Medway, MA. She was daughter of Ishmael and Hannah Coffee. I have no further info.

Good luck!

Jack

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~coffeycousins/coffe...
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sarah,
I am descended from Ambrose Jr.. Do you know His wife's maiden name? Thank you.
Jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions