Isaac Elbert DuBose family

Isaac Elbert DuBose family

Rick James (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 6:27PM GMT
Looking for the family of Isaac Elbert DuBose
married a Sarah James in South Carolina and
lived in Jefferson Co. Ga. , Isaac father we
think was Peter DuBose. Isaac and Sarah had
a son name David DuBose born in Ga. abt 1771.
We think he d, in Al. Thank you for your time. You call e-mail me at rjas@willinet.net

Thanks again. Richard James

Dubose

Zane Willis (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:18PM GMT
I'm a long descendent of the Dubose famiyl tracing back to France through Issac and Sarah. Although in Texas the family name was changed to Willis, which I now carry but my middle name still carrys the family history.

Dubose Family

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 6:38PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 4:46AM GMT
I just read your posted message from Oct. 2000, indicating that the Texas Dubose Family changed their name to Willis?? I also descend from Isaac and Suzanne thru their son, John. Although I do NOT claim to be in the know regarding all the happenings in the family, your message is the first I've heard of a name change. I would be really interested in hearing the story behind such an event.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Ruthie

Texas Dubose

Zane Willis (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 7:19PM GMT
Whereas you go through John I on ther hand go through Peter. But the way I understand the story is:
Rufus Pinkey Dubose and his brother were driving cattle for themselves and friends of theirs. The herd was lost and a simple coin toss determined who would take the balme. My great-grandfather lost and was forced to move to New Mexico where he changed his name to J.D. Willis. From there came Everett Willis who had also changed his name from Dubose. He was my grandfather. He died when I was two, so most of the details I have are sketchy. Then my father and his brother where the first born Willis' and my 3 siblings and myself are 2 born generation. Now I'm simply trying to piece together my past. My parents had found and old family photo that had Dubois sratched out on the back and then Dubose written underneath. So my parents named me, Zane Dubois Willis. My only link to my heritage.

RE: Isaac Elbert DuBose

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 10:26AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 6:06AM GMT
Rick...I have some info on that line if you are still looking. Contact me at my email address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic