Search for content in message boards

Jelley's from Wandsworth, Albury & Dorking

Jelley's from Wandsworth, Albury & Dorking

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jelley
If you are related to a Jelley from any of the above please let me know. My mother is a Jelley

Thanks

Linda

Re: Jelley's from Wandsworth, Albury & Dorking

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Jelley/Inwood
Hi Linda

Just thought you'd like to know that my great grandmother's second husband was Daniel Jelley (b 1866 d 1940). Her maiden name was Mabel Woods and she was Mabel Inwood when she married Dan. From then on she was known in the family as Grandma Jelley. They didn't have any children of their own. I have a photo of him, if you would like to see it or add it to your family tree on ancestry.My grandmother, Alvinea Inwood, was only four when her own father Albert died so Dan was the only real father she ever really knew. If you would like more information, please let me know. My tree is not on here, but on genes reunited.
Kindest Regards
Carole Hanson

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 7:52AM GMT
Hi Carole.

Thanks for the information. I would love to share more with you.

I have re started my Jelley tree as I had found errors in it so now there are only true facts in it.

I also belong to genes but keep changing my tree there depending what side of the family I am working on.

I can let you have reports if you want.

I would love any pics or certs that you have.

I have a photo of the Jelley shop that was in North Street Wandsworth if you would like a copy.

My e-mail is lindaash@ntlworld.com.

Where in the country are you living now I am in Frimley Green in Surrey my mother is still in Tooting.

Hope to hear from you

Linda

Posted: 30 Jul 2010 6:25AM GMT
I am researching the Jelley family tree in Coventry UK, where I was born and still live. Records back to the 1770s show that here many Jelleys worked in the watch-making industry.

We are holding a family party on sept 4th this year and it would be good to hear from Jelleys around the world.

Best wishes
Robert Michael Jelley

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 10:07PM GMT
My nanny was a Jelley from Shere in Surrey. Her name was Ada Mary and her parents were Marwood John Jelley and Mary Ann Bowler... true I am sad to say!!
There were 4 younger brothers Ernest Marwood, John Victor, Bertram Robert and Cyril James.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Catherine

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Jelley
Hi Robert,
I know this is an old thread but I am also trying to find out details Re: Jelley. I wonder if we are related (See below)
Jeanette (myself) 1958
Barbara Jelley 1935 (My Mum)
Walter Thomas Jelley 1909 My Grandad
Arthur Thomas William Jelley 1878
Albert John Jelley 1854
Thomas Jelley 1821
James Jelley 1782
John Jelley 1755
All from the Dorking/Wandsworth area.

Walter Thomas Jelley changed his name by Deed Poll to Avery (My Mum was in school when this happened). He hated his Father so much he took his Mother Rosina's maiden name of Avery as his new surname. (Walter's Brother Francis did the same and became Angliss, his wife's maiden name) I have always been fascinated by Rosina Avery, yet have come to a dead end with her. She placed her 3 Sons (Arthur 1903 Francis 1906 & Walter 1909), in a workhouse in St Olav and left with 2 of her youngest children Richard (Born 1913 & Who I know nothing about) and also Rosina Junior 1911 who I believe died from TB before the age of 1 year (1912). Would love to hear from you if our tree overlaps, and any information you might have.
I live in Sydney Australia
Regards
Jeanette

Re: Jelley's from Wandseanetteworth, Albury & Dorking

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 6:55AM GMT
Hello Jeanette,
I don't know of any Wandsworth connections.
Although some of our family left Coventry for Clerkenwell, London following their work in the watch and clock industry.

Are you in touch with Sheila Jelley? She knows more about the Jelley name than anyone else I've come across. She has a Family Tree attached to Ancestry.com so you will be able to find her.

My son Benjamin married a Geelong girl and emigrated to Geelong last November, Jelley reinforcements!

Good luck.

Robert

Re: Jelley's from Wandseanetteworth, Albury & Dorking

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 4:40PM GMT
Hi Robert

Thanks for writing I am in touch with Sheila

Thanks

Linda

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 4:43PM GMT
Hi Catherine

Have not come across those names yet

But Thanks

Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions