Search for content in message boards

Richard swain

Richard swain

mary (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2000 5:07PM GMT
I am looking for information on a richard swain. He was called Richard of Hobarts hill. I get the name swain because his daughter Asenath is asenath swain, so he must have been swain. Asenath married a william bedford that was born abour 1740 so I figure that asenath was born a little before 1740 and her dad richard sometime between 1705-1720. Any info would be great!

Richard Swain

Patty Swain (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:15PM GMT
What state ? My Richard Swain s are from Massachusetts and Michigan.

richard swain

mary (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 11:30PM GMT
my richard swain is from new jersey, hse may have been born in mass, but I'm not sure. I know that his daughterchildren were born in N.J.

Richard Swain

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 8:12AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 1:33PM GMT
Richard Swain, Jr. was born in Hampton, Norfolk County, MA and died in Cape May County, NJ the only child from the second marriage of Richard Swain to Jane Godfrey Bunker. I am a direct line descendant of Richard Swain, Jr.

Richard Swain

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 10:32AM GMT
Thanks for writing Carl. I have found all the information on the Swain family.And my part is from Horace Swain.But I was able to go back to the year 800.Again ,thanks for writing. Care Take ,cuz Patty

Swain website

Jo Swain Meacham (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 6:30PM GMT
Hi Patty
You mentioned a Swain website. Would you please share it. I think you stated it took you back to 800.
Jo

Swain Family

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 4:54AM GMT
Hi,Jo. The web site is -
http://friends.peoria.lib.il.us/community/ swaincountry.html
Good Luck!! Patty

Swain Family

Posted: 5 Apr 2000 11:12AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 1:33PM GMT
Swain researcher BEWARE!!! Once again genealogical inaccuracies pertaining to the Swain family are being perpetuated on this web site from the book "Swains of Nantucket". The book has an appropriate subtitle "tales" and not fact. The book contains many extracts from previously published works which also contained many inaccuracies. This book should only be used as a "guide" to gain access to the original records. I cannot and I will not stand idly by and watch this practice continue to mislead innocent researchers who seek the facts and truth about their family. Don't confuse the "origin" of the surname with the "actual and factual" genealogical "lineage" of Richard Swain and his family from whom I also descend. There are "no surviving extant records" that would connect the Richard Swain family to the King of Denmark or to "any coat of arms". Oh, how I wish there were such records. Swain researchers, PLEASE, PLEASE consult the original records for your family lineage and don't be mislead or influenced by Internet web sites such as this. Again, use such web sites only as a "guide or map" to gain access to the original records that appertain to your DIRECT Swain family lineage.

Warmest Regards,
Carl E. Swain

Richard Swain from New Jersey

Janice Swain Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 4:14PM GMT
Is your Richard Swain related to a Moses G. Swain born in Elizabeth, New Jersey on 12/3/1842? I am searching for connection that will lead me to family.

swain

Harvey swain (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 2:00PM GMT
just searching for links to my name
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions