Search for content in message boards

Rock's of Botetourt co

Rock's of Botetourt co

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2006 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Rock, Hickey, Hatcher, Fry, Merrel, Merrell, Merrill, Cunningham
I am decended from George Rock sr and am looking for any records of George Rock sr. George married Betsy McCoy Nov 13 1811. I know there was also a George jr in the 1830 census along with George sr. Beyond that I do have his Child Madison William Rock and his decendents to present.
Any answers should in the subject line include ROCK GENEALOGY.
Thanks
Ron

Re: Rock's of Botetourt co

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2006 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Rock
Ron, I am researching a Thomas Rock of Giles Co. I believe Thomas may be the son of John and Elizabeth Snodgrass.I have John as son of George Rock who died 1830.Do you have anything that might confirm the family of George d 1830?Thanks.

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 11:12AM GMT
Hi,

George Rock was my ggg grandfather. Do you still want information or to share?

Donna

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 11:13AM GMT
Hi,

George Rock was my ggg grandfather. Are you still looking for information?
Donna

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Webb & Rock
Hi Donna,
I saw your posting for Rocks in-or-near Botetourt Co. and I thought I would provide the names of the Rocks in my tree ... that sounds funny to me :)

1. Clara Rock who married James W. Webb 6/2/1846 in Giles County, VA

2. Henry Rock who married Nancy Phoebe Webb 3/14/1847 in Giles County, VA

3. James Rock (father to Clara)

4. Jane Rock who married Daniel Givens 1831 in Giles County, VA

5. Nancy Rock who married George Webb, Jr. (AKA George II) in 1826 in Giles County, VA

I belong to the large family of Webbs in these 2 counties, but know little about the Rock family. I hope this is familiar to someone out there!

Thanks for posting!
David Wiley
tracingmyroots@yahoo.com

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 1:45AM GMT
Thanks Donna
I am still looking for something that would confirm the parents of the Thomas Rock wife Sarah,maybe Parsons. Thomas is on the 1820 census of Giles next to an Elizabeth Rock. I suspect they may be mother and son. Other children of Elizabeth ""may be"" James m Sally Kerr and Nancy who married George Webb. I have no documents any of these are related.There is also a Obeniah Rose who wills land to a Sinny Rock and Elizabeth Rock is to receive rent for Sinney Rock.
Obediah Rose and John Rock are on the 1810 census/tax of Montgomery Co VA. Elizabeth, Thomas and Obediah Rose are near each other on the 1820 Census.
Accorfing to census records Thomas was born ca 1793,John Rock and Elizabeth Snodgrass were married 1792 Botetourt.
Any suggestions would be great, and I'll be happy to share.
Thanks

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 2:56AM GMT
I will look into it and see what I can find. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Donna

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 11:21AM GMT
Madison was my great grandfather. You mentioned you had information to the present. May asked what that information be? I have some info about George and Besty but still needs confirming.

Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions