Search for content in message boards

William M Blankenship m. abt 1844 to Margaret. Who is she.

William M Blankenship m. abt 1844 to Margaret. Who is she.

Posted: 7 May 2010 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blankenship
William born in North Carolina was a school teacher in Carroll Co. His wife Margaret born 1815-18 in Virginia. They are in the 11th district in Carroll Co. in 1850 with 4 children. Joseph F 5, Elizabeth A 3, Romulus Q 2, and Lucretia 1. What is Margaret's maiden name?

Re: William M Blankenship m. abt 1844 to Margaret. Who is she.

Posted: 12 May 2010 2:15AM GMT
Margaret was Margaret Elizabeth Trent, d/o Obediah Trent and Nancy Blankenship. Margaret md in Campbell Co, VA 30 Mar 1844

Posted: 12 May 2010 10:33PM GMT
Thanks Ron. I went to a Trent family genealogical forum to get more on Margaret Elizabeth Trent’s lineage. They show no Margaret as a daughter of Obediah Trent and Nancy Blankenship but do show an Elizabeth H born 1815 who married David A Trent 28 Aug 1849 in Campbell Co. VA. So now I’m trying to reconcile that info with your info. I will put a query on the Campbell Co forum. What do you think?

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 2:55AM GMT
Hi Ron Here is what Don Trent of TrentResearchers sent to me. He said he'd be glad to talk with you about it if you wish. From Don:
Here is what I know about Obediah H. Trent and Nancy Blankenship. This couple had 9 children and the 3 daughters were:

(1) Elizabeth H. Trent was born in 1815 in , Campbell, Virginia, United States and died on 18 Jul 1885 in , Campbell, Virginia, United States at age 70.
Elizabeth married David A. Trent (d. After 1885) on 28 Aug 1849 in , Campbell, Virginia, United States.

(2) Louisa F. Trent was born in 1817 and died after Jun 1900. She never married.

(3) Nancy Trent was born in 1822 in , , Virginia, United States.
Nancy married James A. Andrews on 21 Dec 1842 in , Campbell, Virginia, United States.

There was a marriage between William H. Blankenship and Elizabeth Trent on 30 Mar 1844 in Campbell County. This Elizabeth is the daughter of Henry Trent & Nancy L. Reynolds of Campbell County.

Source: Ancestry.com. Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: MyFamily.com, Inc., 1999. Original data: Dodd, Jordan R., et al. . Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850. Bountiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publishers.

Hinshaw, William Wade, Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy (Name: Volume 6. Ann Arbor, MI: Edwards Bros., 1938-;), Vol. 6.

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 11:20AM GMT
Thank you, Ed. I have updated my database.

best regards,
Ron Hall

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 2:12AM GMT
Margaret's maiden was not Trent-it was Cumpton. William Milton Blankenship, my gg gf, married Margaret Cumpton on Sept 13, 1843, Montgomery County,Va. They were the parents of Joseph Friel, Elizabeth Adeline, Romulus Arthur, Lucretia, John William (my g gf) and Leonidas Wilborne. My gf, John Hampton Blankenship, my namesake, was the 5th child of John William Blankenship. Someone is posting incorrect information. Hope this helps. John Hampton Blankenship

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 4:39AM GMT
Thanks John! Any idea on who the parents of William MBlankenship and Margaret Crumpton are?

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 3:11AM GMT
Margaret Cumpton Blankenship was born ca 1815-1818 and was a daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Alley Cumpton and a granddaughter of Thomas Alley. Margaret Cumpton & William Milton Blankenship were married on September 13, 1843 in Montgomery County, VA.

William Milton Blankenship ca 1814-1815 was born in North Carolina. He was a son of Arthur & Elizabeth Claywell Blankenship.

William Milton & Elizabeth Cumpton Blankenship are my Great-Great-Grandparents.

John Hampton Blankenship,II (Posted on 3/29/12)

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 1:11AM GMT
Thanks for the info. Any idea where the Crumptons were when
Margaret married.

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 3:13AM GMT
Yes...Margaret, her parents, Joseph and Elizabeth Alley Cumpton and her grandparents, the Thomas Alleys all lived in Montgomery County, VA. Property records were obtained from the Court House in Montgomery County. Sorry this info was not included in first message.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions