Search for content in message boards

Opgenorth

Opgenorth

Posted: 18 Sep 2004 3:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there,

I am trying to find any death information and/or buriel information on Herman and his wife Mary Anna. Believe Herman died in the 1920's and his wife in the 1930's. They lived in the town of Kewaskum.

Any help or any information on this couple would be greatly appreciated.

Paula

Re: Opgenorth

jack opgenorth (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2004 4:07AM GMT
my dad Lloyd Opgenorth of West Bend is going to visit their grave in Kewaskum tomorrow to get my son info for his school genealogy report. I'll let youu know what he finds out

paula (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2004 1:41PM GMT
Thank you very much!

Posted: 27 Oct 2004 3:35PM GMT
my dad said he wasnt able to find Herman's grave in either of the old cemeterys in Kewaskum. A woman at the Catholic church there was able to show him a baptismal record that showed he was baptized there in 1884(or 86?), the same year his son Joseph(my grandpa) was born.
What is your interest in the Opgenorths?

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 3:56PM GMT
Thanks for checking.

I am researching the Opgenorth's from sheboygan County. I have a couple of Opgenorth's that married into my husband's family line...the Pangier's. Unfortunately the two Opgenorth's were not from the same family line so I and a few other researcher's have been trying to find how the Opgenorth's are related.

Paula

Posted: 27 Oct 2004 7:41PM GMT
my 1st cousin Tom Opgenorth(Cyril Opgenorth's son) lives or lived in Sheboygan. Iknow there are lots of O's up there but don't know how any of them are related to us from the Kewaskum/West Bend area. My dad, Lloyd, might know-he'd welcome your call at 262 334-4425.
Also, Jerry Opgenorth is an atty in madison who's done research on us-he's the son of Louis Opgenorth of Kewaskum-I'm not even sure how he's related to me. Give him a call

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Opgenorth, Schoofs, Strupp
Herman and Maria are part of my family line. I’m related to Maria Strupp.

Herman (Obdenoth) Opgenorth Born: 03 Dec 1847 Keppein, Rhine Privince, Germany. Baptism: Paslzdorf, Germany. Occupation: Stone Mason contractor.
Died: 19 Jun 1939 Kewaskum, Wash Co., WI
Burial: 21 Jun 1939 St Michaels Cath Cem, Wash Co, WI
Married: Married: 21 Nov 1876
Maria Strupp Born: 07 Sep 1847 Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, WI
Died: 17 Jan 1934 Town of Kewaskum, Wash Co., WI
Burial: 20 Jan 1924 Kewaskum Cath Cem, Washington Co, WI

Not sure why they were buried in two different places?

What can I help you with?

I have his parents as Theodore Opgenorth and Petronella Schoofs

Debbie

Posted: 5 Jan 2005 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2005 11:22PM GMT
Jack, I am one of the Sheboygan members of the family. I have four different lines of the family that I have not been aable to connect. The connection is in Germany. The four lines are the Sheboygan County line, the Washington County line, The Herman Trosky line still in Germany and the Brigette Garry line now in France. I think we are all decended from one Derk Opgenoorth born in Uedem Germany in 1730, but I cannot prove it. Some time ago, I was in connection with Christopher Shoofs, His grandmother Maria maried Heinrich (Henry) Shoofs. Unfortunately, I have not been able to make contact with him for several years. Do you know him? Have you any of the records he kept? I would love to hear from you.
My e-mail address is aopgenorth@charter.net
My street address is 133 Lake Bowen Drive, Inman, SC 29349

Posted: 7 Jan 2005 7:05PM GMT
my distant cousin Jerry opgenorth from Kewaskum has some info-he's been to Germany researching and even married a german woman-I've been awaiting him to send me what he has. My son had a school genealogy report to do so i've renewed my interest in our lineage. I've been to an Opgenorth graveyard in Pfalzdorf Germany long time ago-furthest ancestor I can trace is Theodor Opgenorth from Pfalzdorf and I believe his son was also Theodor who emigrated mid-1800's. Maria Schoofs may have been his sister?
I've not yet been in touch w/ Christopher Schoofs who I think still lives on the homestead in Kewaskum-but I plan to soon.
Jerry Opgenorth's e-mail is gco@mhtc.net. Tell him I'm waiting for his response-my son's report is due in 2 wks and he'd like to have more info if possible,
Nice to hear from you!

Debbie Strupp (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2005 2:22PM GMT
Hey Jack

You know I have Maria Strupp (wife of Herman Opgenorth) ancestors!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions