Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2012 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Nix, Dougan, Shoemaker
Amanda Jane Renard b. 1853 Decatur, Tennessee

Married:
Frank Shoemaker, Tennessee
Joseph E Dougan, Alabama
George W Nix, Arkansas

Widowed, moved to Maxwell New Mexico with Sons.
1 of her sons is said to be one of the founders of Rosebud New Mexico.

Looking for her parents and siblings, and other info.

Re: Amanda Jane Renard - b. 1853 TN

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 12:34AM GMT
As you know, Rosebud is in Harding County, New Mexico.

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 9:01PM GMT
Are you sure about her maiden name? Frank Shoemaker was her first husband. Renard or Renerd?

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 3:43AM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2012 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Dougan, Littrell
Not 100% sure of last name. Was following some other family trees who had made the connection. Trying to dig around myself because its a dead end with her and her husband Joseph E Dougan.

And yes i know Rosebud is in a different county (i have been there), but she homesteaded to Maxwell and is buried there.

Her daughter Mary Ella Dougan (obit below) is my 2nd great grandmother

May 3, 1879
Parsons
Decatur County
Tennessee, USA

Death:

Jul. 7, 1964
Carlsbad
Eddy County
New Mexico, USA

OBITUARY
July 7, 1964 "Carlsbad Current-Argus"
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Mary Ella Littrell, 85, died this morning at a Carlsbad hospital. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at West Funeral Home. Rev. C. H. Vanlandingham will conduct the services. Burial will be in Carlsbad Cemetery. She was born on May 3, 1879 near Parsons, Tennessee. She married the late Hiram Riley Littrell on December 26, 1898. She was a member of Baptist Church. Survivors include her sons, Ralph Riley Littrell of Carlsbad and Norman Albert Littrell of Albuquerque; her daughters, Gertrude Elizabeth Pritz of Carlsbad, Ethel Jane Edna Halseth of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Ruby Jane Pierce of Albuquerque; her brother, Sidney Dougan of Ozark, Missouri; seventeen grandchildren; thirty seven great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions