Search for content in message boards

TIMBRELL

TIMBRELL

John GORIN (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TIMBRELL
Searching for information regarding TIMBRELL family originally thought to be from Cardiff

Welsh Timbrells

David Timbrell-Hill (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Timbrell
Found your enquiry on an idle search - I am not involved in researching the name as yet, but the following may help.

My wifes family is Timbrell, we currently live in Llanelli in West Wales. Her grandfather Thomas Timbrell originated from Porth in the Rhondda Valley.

Not too many Timbrells in Wales - I believe the name may originate from South Gloucestershire - large number of Timbrells residing in Dursley. A migration from this rural county into the booming industrial areas of South Wales in the 19th C may account for presence of Welsh Timbrells but I'm just speculating here.

What's your connection.

Regards

Dave Timbrell-Hill

Re: Welsh Timbrells

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 11:45AM GMT
Surnames: timbrell, robinson, rennolds
my great grandfather was Edwin Timbrell Robinson his mother Charlotte Timbrell from Tewkesbury. The area around Tewkesbury &Cheltenham had alot of Timbrells, mainly boot/shoe makers. Edwin married twice and really I was wondering if you may have come across any family of his and Rebecca Duffill nee rennolds (from Bedminster/bristol) My grandmother was one of a twin born 1907 and adopted to a family in Milford Haven. Although I have managed to piece bits together we don't have much on his other 4 children (census 1911). Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Renu

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 4:59AM GMT
Hi,
If you can give more info.WITH DATES [BMDs] and likely places they can be found I'm sure someone on the board will be able to help.

Regards

Sandra

Re: TIMBRELL

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 9:36AM GMT
Surnames: timbrell, robinson
Do you have any more infor o your Cardiff Timbrells? Charlotte Timbrell was married to Edwin Dewsbury Robinson and my mother is from this line. Charlotte was originally from Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Timbrell
Hi I am researching the family of William Timbrell who married Hannah Huntley in 1783 in Tewkesbury,
Sheila (nee Huntley)

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 12:47PM GMT
hi, just received your message.

I have a william Timbrell, Cordwainer who married a Hannah Huntley, they had a son Thomas who married a Betty who in turn had a daughter Charlotte Timbrell who is my relation.

It has been a while since I looked at the Timbrells and was aiming to update later this year. But some of the family went to America, most of the sons were shoe makers etc.

Is this your relation. location Tewkesbury although I believe Cheltenham was were Thomas Timbrell was christened.

Renu

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 8:42AM GMT
Hi, I have recently found out alot more on the Timbrell family and am now tracking down Hannah Huntley's line. I know a Thomas Huntley was witness at her marriage and possibly a sister Mary's also. As to the Timbrell's I have tracked sons, William & Thomas (my line) but not the daughters. I also believe William may have been born around 1755 Prestbury which is on the outskirts of Tewkesbury. and that Thomas left an estate of £20 in 1871, which may not seem much but was alot then.
If you are able to help with furher information It would be much appreciated.
Renu

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 11:37AM GMT
Hi, I have a son William b. July 4th 1784 but have been unable to find anything about Thomas. Please have a look at my tree to see if they are the same Timbrels,
regards Sheila
per page

Find a board about a specific topic