Search for content in message boards

Grosses found in Einhausen, Germany

Grosses found in Einhausen, Germany

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have had success finding my German ancestors. Thanks to Ewe Keller for his help finding the Lutheran Church in Einhausen, Thuringia. Not only located Caspar Gross but thanks to the church secretary, Margarete Dressel, I am now back 4 more generations to mid 1600's. All the records were in the church files, birth, marriage and death, and she has sent them to me along with addresses of 3 living relatives in the town of Einhausen. Am still interested in decendants of Eva Gross Beissmann and Mathias Gross who arrived with Caspar Gross in 1852 at Ellis Island. Their first move was to Salem, NJ. Caspar came into northern PA, have no idea exactly where the others went. I have made contact with John Beissmann in Houston, TX who was Anne's great grandson.

If anyone out there is also interested in this Gross line please contact me, I have verified family now back to 1600's.

John Gross

Re: Grosses found in Einhausen, Germany

joanne (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 3:28PM GMT
Surnames: Vaughn,Woodward,Schaeffer,Gross,
Can you please tell me what info you have on the Gross family in PA ?? My ggrandfather was John Gross of Lavelle,Schuylkill County..He married a Jennie {Emma} Klinger..I can't find anything other than this out on him..My grandfather doesn't remember his grandparents on his dad's side..So I;m stuck..
Please help if you can..
Thanks Joanne

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 7:47PM GMT
Joanne,

My great grandfather John Gross was born 7 November 1862 in Germania, Potter County, PA and never left the area as far as I can find out. He married Minnie Noelk and died in Germania in 1937. I don't think that's much help, is it? Let me know.

John Gross

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 12:33PM GMT
I am looking for a Caroline Gross that married a Krueger.

John Gross (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2003 1:45PM GMT
Walter,

So far I haven't found a Caroline married to a Krueger. I'm still researching my family in Germany and will post if I find something.

John

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 6:34PM GMT
This Caroline was married to Paul Kreuger and had son named Otto.They came to the U.S.A. Between 1890 and 1900, they show up in the Federal Census in Chicogo,Ill Cook Cnty. Then disapear Otto was my wifes Father given up to be a farm laborer at about the age of 13. Could use all the help you could give me. WALT wdsnrs @ aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions