Search for content in message boards

Anne E. MATHEWS b. 1823 Md, married William H. SMITH of Oxford, Butler Co., OH

Anne E. MATHEWS b. 1823 Md, married William H. SMITH of Oxford, Butler Co., OH

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MATHEWS, MATTHEWS
I am looking for any information on the parents of Anne E. MATHEWS. Anne was born 1822-1824 in Md. She was the second wife of William Howard SMITH (b. 1807 in MA) of Oxford twp., Butler Co., OH.

William H. SMITH m. Ann MATHEWS Jan. 7, 1847 Butler Co., OH by Rev. T. G. WADE

From the 1880 Oxford twp census, Anne E. is a widow, and states both her parents were also born in Md. I see one possible candidate from the IGI under FamilySearch:
Ann Eliza MATTHEWS
Birth: 1822 Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
Death: 14 FEB 1895
Father: Thomas H MATTHEWS Birth: 1797 Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland

But I have nothing really to connect this Ann Eliza to my Anne E.

Thanks,
-Eric Albers
erics_box@hotmail.com

Re: Anne E. MATHEWS b. 1823 Md, married William H. SMITH of Oxford, Butler Co., OH

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also searching this line. Your post is over six years old. Perhaps you have found out all the info that you were looking for.Here is what I found recently. From Ohio death certificate of 1913, #50511.Ann Smith, born 14 Nov 1822 Bellair, Maryland. Died 17 Sep 1913,Hamilton, Butler Co., Ohio. Father: John C. Mathews, born: Wales. Mother: Mary Parsons, born: Baltimore, Maryland. If you have anything more than this, I would be quite interested to hear back from you. Hope this is helpful.( I also have an obit from the local paper, if you are interested).

Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions