Search for content in message boards

Rock Hill Cemetery

Rock Hill Cemetery

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haley, Ferell, and Smith
Have no idea the location of this cemetery other than in Silver Point, Tennessee Putnam County. Would appreciate any help. I have a lot of death certificates indicating this cemetery. One certificate states that an undertaker was not involved and burial was in Silver Point, but where?

Re: Rock Hill Cemetery

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 5:28AM GMT
www.FindAGrave.com lists a Silver Point Cemetery on Buffalo Valley Road, Buffalo Valley, Putnam County, TN. I don't know if this is the one you are looking for but it's a start, maybe.

Cemetery and Death Certificates HELP

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 11:06AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2012 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: AUSTIN/BUSSELL/CRAIN/FORD
I am interested in the Death Certificates and Burial locations of the following people who may, and probably are, buried in the Silver Point area of Putnam County. Any help would sure be appreciated if you have anything on these names: Lucinda "Lucy or Susan" (SPEARS) Bussell, ex-wife of Thomas Bussell, Born: Abt 1855 and died Between 1920 and 1925. Sarah Lucinda "Cinda" (BUSSELL) Born: 3 Aug 1882 - Died: after Jul 1914.....she was married at least twice maybe three times. 1st was a FORD, 2nd an OAKS/OAKES?

Re: Cemetery and Death Certificates HELP

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 1:41PM GMT
Have you explored the Familyresearch.org website, its free? that is how I was able to obtain "free death certificates. It tells you so much more. If there is a "camera icon" that means its available to you for viewing and downloading. I do not have any info for you on your research. Also a website "Findagrave.com. You can locate cemeteries by county/state and is easy to get around in. Good luck on your search and keep me abreast because sharing is helpful and I don't mind.

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 1:44PM GMT
Thank you, I have been on this site and it does not have Rockhill listed. I do know there are cemeteries that are on private properties and you need to get permission to visit. I'm working on that as well. Thanks for you assistance. Its much appreciated.

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 1:44AM GMT
One of the best resources I've found to locate cemeteries is the local funeral homes.

I've contacted the funeral homes in the areas I'm interested in and not only do they know of the cemeteries in the area but are also helpful with applications for funeral/burial that the families fill out when applying to the funeral home for funeral services. Many times, the applications will have information that might be left off the obituary and may even have a copy of the local obituary.

Just a suggestion.

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ferrell, League
I am familiar with this website and did not find Rockhill Cemetery listed. I've decided to scan each cemetery looking for possible hits. I know its time consuming but I have a lot of that. So glad to have helpful people out there willing to share info. It does make the world go round. Thanks for your assistance. I also found that there are cemeteries on private properties which you have to get permission to view. There was one located adjacent to my grandmother's sisters property which had not been cleaned out. That was on Laurel Hill. The family name was League, Doc and Ethel Ferrell-League. Thanks once again

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 4:59AM GMT
Good information. Thanks. I did manage to contact one funeral home and am waiting for a reply. Didn't know you had to fill out an application. News to me. Thanks, that is helpful. Speaking of applications, I had requested a Social Security Application for my grandfather who I knew nothing about and luckily he named his father, Sidney Smith and his mother Nancy Farley and I was able to find my grandfather at 3 yrs old and that he had brothers and sisters, all new to me. It becomes so overwhelming at times and I love the feeling. I appreciate your suggestions and any info is a step towards an accomplishment.

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan, Mullins, Lowe
I just stumbled upon this looking for Rock Hill myself, off a death certificate, stating Knox County I can't find in engine searches, or Find A grave. Were you able to finally locate where it is located and what the possible name of it now?

I did not know you could apply for the application of a deceased ancestor, this could shed some light on a few relatives I have- From the Social Security Administration site, how does one go about applying for the application, is it expensive, and do they have to be deceased by a certain year? Thank you in advance.

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:22AM GMT
I believe my cousin will have that info and I will get back to you. Yes requesting certificates can become expensive but if you have a relative in that state they can get it cheaper. But I got a lot of my death certificates free from Familysearch.org. They hold a lot of info. Its the Latter Day Saints web site. I don't know if you know about that. A camera Icon appears near the name to let you know a record is available. Don't be discourage cause info is being added everyday. You can google just what your looking for and you will get a lot of search engines to select your choice.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic