Search for content in message boards

Bella, Potenza surnames: ATONACCHIO, BOVE, CARDONE, CASTELGRANDE, COLANGELO, CRISCUOLI, DAMIANO, DIANA, DOINO, FENSORE, FENZORE, GALLO, GRIPPA, LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, MARTONE, RESTAINO, TARANTINO, TORTORIELLO and VETROMILE

Bella, Potenza surnames: ATONACCHIO, BOVE, CARDONE, CASTELGRANDE, COLANGELO, CRISCUOLI, DAMIANO, DIANA, DOINO, FENSORE, FENZORE, GALLO, GRIPPA, LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, MARTONE, RESTAINO, TARANTINO, TORTORIELLO and VETROMILE

Posted: 6 Dec 2001 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: ATONACCHIO, BOVE, CARDONE, CASTELGRANDE, COLANGELO, CRISCUOLI, DAMIANO, DIANA, DOINO, FENSORE, FENZORE, GALLO, GRIPPA, LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, MARTONE, RESTAINO, TARANTINO, TORTORIELLO, VETROMILE
I am researching the following names in Bella, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy:
ATONACCHIO, BOVE, CARDONE, CASTELGRANDE, COLANGELO, CRISCUOLI, DAMIANO, DIANA, DOINO, FENSORE, FENZORE, GALLO, GRIPPA, LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, MARTONE, RESTAINO, TARANTINO, TORTORIELLO and VETROMILE

Re: Surname: Fensore

Ralph Fensore (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2002 8:58PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2006 1:15PM GMT
What do you want to know about Fensore's ?I'm in Connecticut.

Re: Bella, Potenza surnames: Fensore, Fenzore

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2006 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: FENZORE, FENSORE, LANZETTA, VETROMILE
Hi Ralph,
My great-grandmother was Maria Teresa FENZORE born in Bella, Potenza, Italy 1865. Her parents were Nicola Fenzore and Rosa VETROMILE. Maria Teresa had at least one brother, Angelo, who I think died early in life.

Maria Theresa (known only by Teresa) married Antonio LANZETTA in 1888 in Bella. Together they had at least 5 children: Carmela, Vito, Nicola (died early), Nicola (died early), and Rosa. They came to the USA around 1905 and settled in the Hardford CT area.

From there I follow the LANZETTA line forward.

Any connections? Do any of my names sound familiar?
What are the names in you line?
Thanks,
Suzi

Re: Bella, Italy surnames: VETROMILE

Posted: 20 May 2005 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: vetromile, vetromila
I have a Nicolnio Vetromila who was a tailor and was born in Bella Italy in 1867. He immigrated to Massachusetts. His name was changed? to Nicholas Vetromile. I have no information regarding siblings or parents.

Re: LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, and VETROMILE

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2006 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Lanzetta, Margiotta, Vetromile
Here are some names I'm researching:

Nichola Vetromila (or Nicholas Vetromile) who immigrated to USA (ended up in Massachusetts) b. 13 Sept 1867

We believe his parents were Gerard Vetromile and Pasqualina Laurzetti.

We think Eugene Vetromile is some sort of relative and his parents are Peter Paul Raphael Vetromile and Maria Anthonia Margiotta. This group was born/lived in Gallipoli.

Re: LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA and VETROMILE

Suzi (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2006 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA, FERRONE, VETROMILE, CELENTANO
I have a Gerardo VETROMILE who married a Maria Pasqualina LANZETTA in Bella, Potenza, Basilicata on November 5, 1859

I do not have any children for Gerardo but his parents were Nicola VETROMILE and Livia FERRONE so being his father was a Nicola there is a very good possibility his son was named Nicola (Nicholas)

I only have one Pietro (Peter) VETROMILE in my database and he married a Teresa CELENTANO in 1772. They did have a son named Eugenio born April 11, 1776. I do not follow Eugenio's line forward but his sister Mariangela married a MARGIOTTA.

Hope this helps

Happy New Year!

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 8:49PM GMT
Yes, the first group is from Bella! Gerard (Gerardo) children were Nichola, Livia, Lucy, Camella, Anna and Anthony.

The Eugene I have that I think is part of this family, but not sure where was born in 22 Feb 1819 so he's not the one you mention.

My Nichola (from Gerard) was born 13 Sept 1867 - so that works perfectly into your dates!

My immediate Vetromile family is in Massachusetts, most of close but not immediate Vetromiles are living in Rhode Island and Conneticut - are you part of this group?

Would you be interested in sharing what you have? I'm afraid I wouldn't have much more to share, but I'd be willing to share what I have.

SUZI (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2006 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: VETROMILE, LANZETTA, MARGIOTTA
I would love to share information. Please e-mail me privately at sjfrap@juno.com.

I don't have a lot on the VETROMILE line as I follow the LANZETTA and MARGIOTTA lines.

Great to meet you "cousin" :-)

Re: Bella, Italy surnames: VETROMILE

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: Vetromile, Ignico,
I am also looking for Vetromile, Francesca. She is listed as my great grandfather's mother. His name was Rafaelle F Ignico from Bella Potenza Italy. Her husband was Antonio Ignico. Both men immigrated to Boston working as tailors in Boston. Antonio has two other sons, Vincenzo and Francesco. The first also a tailor the second son went to New York. My mother, Jane Frances Ignico! 1936-2010, was from Medford along with her brother, Ralph Anthony Ignico. Rafaelle married Margaret J Fitzgerald, Maggie Fitz for short. I am new at this and cannot find anything on Francesca. The last names get misspelled a lot. I found an article with Nicolas being in a knife fight in the Commons along with Vincenzo Ignico. I thought he could be related. Any info you may have would love to see
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions