Search for content in message boards

Döhr/Doehr Surname

Döhr/Doehr Surname

Posted: 7 Nov 2003 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Döhr/Doehr, Häse/Hayes,Wiegand, Thurston, Arndt, Zank, Zellmer, Grun
Am researching this family line. The Döhr/Doehr group are descendants of Fred Döhr and Justine Bedhke-Döhr from the Zelgniewo village, Kreis Wirsitz, Province Posen. They immigrated in 1882, settling near Augusta WI. Their children were Cristoph, Henrietta, Justine, and Fred. Cristoph married my ggaunt, Othilda/Ottillie (Häse/Hayes). Cristoph and Othilda settled in Jackson County, WI after marrying.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Other surnames are: Wiegand, Thurston, Arndt, Zank, Zellmer

Re: Döhr/Doehr Surname

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 7:48AM GMT
The Dörrs who went to Wisconsin were descendants of "Johann", not "Fred," Dörr and Justine BETHKE (note spelling), according to Friedheim Evangelical church records (Wirsitz County, Posen). Son Christoph's full name was "Wilhelm Christoph".
There is a Johann Michael Dörr b 2 June 1828 at Zelgniewo to parents Christoph Dörre and Rosina Kewit, but there is also a Johann Michael born 5 Oct 1832 at Schmilowo to parents Christoph Dörr and Henriette Schultz. I'm not sure at this point which one is "Johann", but hopefully in a couple weeks I'll know more when I see the film again.
If anyone wants the Dörr family as more fully listed in the Friedheim records, let me know (back to Stephan, father of Stephan Dörr (b ca 1768)).
All the best, Ken Neumann

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Doehr
Hi hjelkjon,

It looks like we could be connected, I am descended from a Stephan Doerre/Doehr/Derey etc, who was a farmer in Zelgniewo around 1760 to 1780.

If you see this, could you please contact me at
rakow@ifh.de
rakow "at" ifh "dot" de

Thanks,
Paul Rakow

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Dohr/Doehr
Hello, my name is Peter Dohr and my great grandfather was Fred Dohr. I was delighted to read this post regarding the Dohr family as I hit a roadblock at Johann Dohr. In my grandfather's autobiography he says both his father (Johann) and mother (Justine) were born and raised in the village of Zelgniewo. With this in mind, I do believe it's safe to say Christoph Dorre and Rosina Kewit were Johann's parents. Mr. Neumann, you said you saw some type of film regarding the Dohr family? I would be ecstatic to learn more and be able to go back further into the 19th century if it's at all possible. Or to even find out if there are any Dohr's left who are part of this tree. The only one I know of lives in San Diego and is descended from Chritoph Doehr (Johann's brother). It's been over a good two years or so since I last did any work on this. Is anyone on this thread connected to the Dohr family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions