Search for content in message boards

Steinkonig, Stoneking

Steinkonig, Stoneking

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 9:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stoneking, Steinkonig
I'm looking for any and all vital information about my 4th and 5th great-grandparents. I believe that my 5th great-grandfather, is Jacob Steinkonig who came from Germany in 1747 and settled in Greene County. His first wife's name is not clear and it is believed that she and most of their children either died on the trip over or shortly after arriving here. I believe that he and a later son, Jacob Stoneking(1765-1841)both served in the Revolutionary War, with his son being buried in Bald Hill Cemetery No. 1. Any information concerning the wives and respective children of both men would be a major help. I have confirmed most of the Stonekings in West Virginia, but come to a stop when reaching folks who were born in Green County, Pa.

Many thanks in advance!

Janet K. Stoneking
janet.stoneking@wowway.com

Re: Steinkonig, Stoneking

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stoneking, Bell, Tygard
I am wondering if your research has turned up a David R Stoneking who married Julia A Bell about 1881. The only information that I have about David comes from the 1900 census when he and Julia, married about 1881, were living on a farm in Washington Twp, Greene Co, PA. David's birth date is listed as Nov 1851 in PA. I don't know who his parents were. Julia was born in Oct 1851 in Greene Co, PA. She was the daughter of George Washington Bell and Clementine Tygard. In 1900, they were listed with 5 children, all born in PA (probably Greene Co):
Allie, b: abt 1882
Jacob W, b: abt 1885
Emma, b: abt 1885
William, b: 1891
Delima, b: abt 1891
(It appears that they had two sets of twins?)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions