Search for content in message boards

Baldrich-Puerto Rico

Baldrich-Puerto Rico

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baldrich, Collazo, Santiago
Hi!

I'm looking for information on the Baldrich family in Puerto Rico, particularly those located around the Aibonito/Cayey area on the late 1800's. If anyone has information I would greatly appreciate it.
Also if anyone has genealogical information about Gov. Gabriel Baldrich it would be nice. He was governor of Puerto Rico from 1870-1871 and I've noticed that many of the Baldrich in Puerto Rico were born around this time. Anyone knows if they're somehow related to him?

Re: Baldrich-Puerto Rico

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Baldrich
Hi,
I know there were a large group of Baldrich, specifically Freire Baldrich residing around de Cayey, Comerio and Cidra area. The first Baldrich I have is from 1815, Jose Baldrich-Yllas that came from Villa de Blanes Cataluna and married a Maria de la Paz Gutierrez from Cayey. I have names, but not specific stories. Did you look at the census?

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 11:03PM GMT
Hi Maria,
Thanks for the information you posted, it is very interesting. I would love it if you could share anything else that you might have on the Baldrich. It is believed that the branch of the Baldrich that my family is from originated from the Catalan area. My grandmother was Estervina Santiago Baldrich and she married Gregorio Collazo Rivera. Her family lived in La Plata, Aibonito but she and Gregorio lived in Arenas, Cidra with their children in the 1900s.

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Santiago, Baldrich, Collazo Rivera
Do you have a list of their children (Jose and Maria). Since Hilda is saying that's who she's related to I must be as well. I descend from Amalia Santiago Baldrich (daughter of Amalia Baldrich, I don't have her second surname, could it be de la Paz?) and Cecilio Collazo Rivera, who are both siblings to Hilda's relatives Estervina and Gregorio. Amalia is Estervina's sister and Cecilio is Gregorio's brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic