Search for content in message boards

Joseph Carnahan, death, North Battleford, aft 1924

Joseph Carnahan, death, North Battleford, aft 1924

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carnahan/ Boyd
Joseph Carnahan born 1878 married Jane Lawson Boyd. They were living in Bethune, Saskatchewan in 1916. Later on they moved to North Battleford. Their last child was born 1924 so Joseph's death would be after that. I am told that he died in North Battleford. His wife Jane died in 1969 in British Columbia but Joseph predeceased her.
thanks for any help
Peggy

Re: Joseph Carnahan, death, North Battleford, aft 1924

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: CARNAHAN,l BOYD
Hi Peggy, Do you have the Obituary for Jane CARNAHAN nee BOYD - dcd 1969 in British Columbia. Registration of Death - will show a name and address of the Informant -

Jane Lawson Carnahan Age:84 Event:Death
Place Princeton Date:1969 2 8 (Yr/Mo/Day
Reg. Number:1969-09-002941
Microfilm #:B13294 (GSU # 2034055)

May or may not mention pre deceased by husband Joseph CARNAHAN - date and place.
Were there children? grandchildren if so - they may have information / reference.

Have you checked with Cemeteries in the area - they may be able to help - even if the burial was not at their location.
[Cemetery in Ontario was very helpful in finding a family member -when Vital Statistics could not find a death registration -]

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: CARNAHAN,l BOYD
This post was deleted by the author on 4 Aug 2012 9:36PM GMT

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Carnahan/ Boyd
Hi Stella,
Joseph did pre-decease his wife Jane. I do not have her obituary but just this morning have made contact with a grandson of theirs so will have his date of death shortly. Thanks for your suggestions.
Peggy

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 12:27PM GMT
Just saw this post. let me know if you need more info on Joseph and Birdie Carnahan. Just fyi Joseph was born in St Vincent Township Ontario, He is the brother of my Great Grandfather.

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Carnahan/Lundy/Boyd
Hi,
I am still missing the date of death for Joseph. I have the names of his siblings and an approximate date of birth for each, not the exact date, and not the place of birth. Which one is your g grandfather? Would Nancy Lundy be a sister to Artemesia, who married William Stephens Boyd? As for Joseph's children, I only have a spouse for Stanley Joseph and their child James Gordon Carnahan.
Thanks for any help that you can give.
Peggy

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:03AM GMT
Hi Peggy
Joseph died on Jan 5 1945 North Battleford. His birth date was Jan 25 1878. All of his siblings were born in Sydendam Township Grey County near Meaford Ontario. My Great Grandfather was Archibald David Joseph's mother was Nancy Landry then the spelling changed to Landrie and then again to Londry. I think most records after we can access show Londry but her tombstone shows Landrie. Joseph and Birdie had 7 boys William Herbert 1908,Francis A 1909-1931,Joseph Stanley 1914 1993,Archibald 1917,Bruce 1919,John Allan 1921 died in infancy, Harvey 1923 died in infancy. Send me a private message with your direct email and I can fill in more for you.
Laurie

I ha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic