Search for content in message boards

Robert Dickey born 1463 Glasgow Scotland

Robert Dickey born 1463 Glasgow Scotland

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 10:16AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 6:41PM GMT
Hello, I' trying to gather information on Robert Dickey. My family line comes from Arkansas. Do anyone know the names of Robert parents? Or know the names of his brothers or sisters? I know that Robert married to Elizabeth Auchincloss in 1500. I hope that someone can help me. thank you K.L.D.

Re: Robert Dickey born 1463 Glasgow Scotland

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 8:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi... My paternal grandfather was named Robert Lee Dickey of Alto, Texas. I only know family history back to him and his wife. Couldn't help back much farther than that. If fairly recent history of this Robert Dickey family of that locale might help, please let me know.

Good luck....

Pat

Posted: 11 Nov 2005 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2006 8:24AM GMT
i have this line going up one generation and down several. i dont know if you are still around the message board since this post is a couple years old. my email address is chromexplatedxheart@yahoo.com

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 6:02AM GMT
Surnames: Dickey
Hello ihatelicorice, are you able to trace back to the near present? I know my 5 times great grandfather's family hailed from Scotland before they settled in Cullybacky co. Antrim... my own grandfather was William Craufuird McNaghten Dickey born 23/3/1883 died 1960, what are the chances you have him in your records?

Posted: 13 Mar 2009 7:05PM GMT
Hi,I am in direct line with this same robert dickey his fathers name was just Dik. I have found no birth date or even who roberts mother was. However through some research I have found that the name dik is pictish. They often would take a first name and use it as a last name. I am planning a trip to scotland next year. I am hoping I can find some more info when I am there. My great grandfather was william bascomb dickey. Anyway I know its not much info but its something to maybe help you out. Good luck in your search.
Debbie

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 10:06AM GMT
Recently, I have been asked for information on this branch of the Dickeys. I usually post my info at www.genforum.com/dickey I would like to discuss your branch of the family. Could you contact me directly at

paulmacr@hotmail.com Thanks...Paul

Posted: 8 May 2009 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: dickey,ross gray,wilkinson
email address is nanny_cathy@yahoo.com
i have some information you might like:
dik (no dates like you said)
robert dickey b.1463,glascow, scotland
m/1500 glascow
d.1536 ''
mother's name: ethel ross gray
(the dates do not look right)
i'll have to get back to you, sorry, just noticed it.
dickey line follows into a limb on my tree which, i seem to have misplaced that info. sorry again.
hope to get back to you soon.
catherine wilkinson

Posted: 10 Jul 2009 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Dickey and Dean
Hi,
Robert Dickey born 1463 in Glasgow, died 1536
was father of John Dickey
/
John Dickey
/
John Dickey
/
William Dickey
/
George Dickey
/
John Dickey
/
Robert Dickey
/
John Dickey born SC 1773
/
James Ross Dickey
/
Hamilton Crockett Dickey
/
James dickey
/
Effie Dickey + Wiliam Loisian Dean
/
Jeff Davis Dean
/
My grandfather

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 9:36AM GMT
Hi,

My great-grandfather was also William Bascom Dickey. I guess that makes us cousins.

I have some photos of William Bascom and a letter from William Bascom to one of his brothers.

Send me an email if you like at lisagarrigues@yahoo.com. It would be fun to compare notes. I would love to hear about your trip to Scotland.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:40PM GMT
Did you ever find anything out on DIK???? He is the last in my line, you said you were going to Scotland to find the answers so I was wondering if you found anything out????
per page

Find a board about a specific topic