Search for content in message boards

Runnark/Rorke

Runnark/Rorke

Posted: 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Runnark, Rorke
LDS FHC IGI microfiched index entry for:

1. Patritus Runnark christened 06 March 1859, parents Edvardi Runnark and Mariae Rorke, Co. Sligo, Ireland, Calry, Roman Catholic. (See Mormon Family History Center computer record (IGI) for possibly more details)

ancestors

Robert Rorke (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: RORKE
SLIGO: My ancestors left County SLIGO and emigrated to the U.S> in 1840. I think his name was Charles Rorke. His wife's first name was definitely Letitia. They landed in Southhold, Long Island. She is buried in a cemetery in Patchogue. Are there any Rorkes still living in Sligo. My other question: some people think Rorke is an Anglicized version of Rourke and that I would find plenty of Rorkes in England. Is this true? Thanks, Robert Rorke

RORKE'S

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 1:15PM GMT
I dont know about England, but there are a small amount of Rorke's in Australia. In fact my brother is called Robert Rorke...

Looking for Andrew Rorke who married Winifred McMannus sometime late in the 1700's, their first child Andrew Rorke was born circa 1818. This Andrew Rorke married a Mary Mullrayne (Mullraine) and their first child Helen was born in Ireland 1839. The moved to Edinburgh Scotland sometime between 1839 and 1854.

Rorke

April Blakely (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Edgar Niland Rorke, Fredrick Niland Rorke
Searching for information about my grandfather and great grandfather. My grandfather, Edgar Niland Rorke, was born in England but spent much of his early life in South Africa. His father, Fredrick Niland Rorke, immigrated to Australia from South Africa in the early 1900's where he lived until his death. He remarried their and has one step-daughter.

I am searching for relatives.

Re: RORKE'S

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 7:59AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 8:17AM GMT
Hello Andrea
I did some research whilst in Sydney earlier this year - lots of Rorkes were shipped out as convicts, as I'm sure you are aware. A good site is http://rorkeresearch.tripod.com
it is amazing how scattered we are! I am in southern England, don't know when we arrived here...

Re: Rorke

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 8:03AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 8:17AM GMT
Surnames: Rorke
Where in England was your g.father born? Do you know when? I am interested because it is the first 'English Rorke' I have come across. I am trying to work out when we came over. Please reply!

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 3:04PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 11:21PM GMT
Dear Phil

This is rather an old posting before I know as much as I do today. The family originates from near Ballinasloe Ireland but branched out around the world. Check out the new family website for more information at http://rorkeresearch.tripod.com

By the way, I sent you a reply to your personal email to me regarding the site but it bounced back.

Phil Rorke (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2001 10:23AM GMT
Surnames: Rorke
Thanks, April, I imagine you have found out a lot then! Phil

Re: RORKE'S

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 11:46AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 1:15PM GMT
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the url. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to link my "Rorke's" with any of the ones in New South Wales.

My line came from somewhere in Ireland to Scotland then to Melbourne. Wish I knew where in Ireland - but on every record I have found - the information only says "Ireland"

patrick williams (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: rorke
Dear Phillip,

I am seeking Phillip Rorke who is chief of his name and according to my resources, lives in London. Are you he or do you know how to contact him? Please contact me at patisirish@hotmail.com

Thanks and God bless,
Patrick

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions