Search for content in message boards

Brown/Hogue/Smith/Eyre-Family Search

Brown/Hogue/Smith/Eyre-Family Search

Pat Brown (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 11:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown/Hogue/Smith/Eyre
I'm trying to locate information pertaining to any of the surnames mentioned in the subject line. All of these families lived primarily in the Oliphant-Wiarton area. My Grandfather was Byron Brown he married Pearl Hogue and had two children. My Grandfather on the other side was Thomas Eyre who married Dorothy Smith....they had six children. Thomas died in 1965. I am trying to get information on my great-grandparents and aunt's/uncle's and any surviving cousins.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Re: Brown/Hogue/Smith/Eyre-Family Search

Barbara Hogue Clubb (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2002 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Hogue / Wiarton
I could very well be your cousin. My name is Barbara Hogue (Clubb) and I was born in Wiarton. My father, Thomas Hogue was married to Beatrice Caudle. My Fathers' sisters' name was Pearl. I know that she was married to a Brown and had two children called James and Grace. My uncle died and she remarried a few years later to Arthur Rush and had more children. Let me know if we are on the right track?

Pat Brown (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2002 6:18PM GMT
Pearl is my Grandma and I remember your father extremely well. My father is Jim aka James. So it does turn out that you're on the right track. You can email me at my home account at trish1171@sympatico.ca. I'd be very interested ibn communicating with you.
Pat

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 2:48AM GMT
When was Thomas born? Who was his father? My Great Grandfather was William Edward Eyre son of Frederick Eyre, son of William Eyre, which goes to a George then a Thomas, but that would be a Thomas back in 1700s I believe. My father Carvel Ross Eyre married a Smith, Myrna Lee Smith, whose father was Linton Erwin Smith, what is your Smith lineage? and have you traced your Eyre's much further? we might be related in through a Thomas via son of Frederick Eyre and Mary Mitchell, that had some 9 children.

Marjorie
meyre7@comcast.net

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Eyre Richardson Cook Ledsworth Carl Smith
My grandmother's first cousin is Deborah Victoria Richardson from Eastnor Twp, Bruce Co. who married in 1905 Thomas Abraham Eyre, born about 1878 in Amabel Twp, Bruce Co., Ontario, Canada (s/o Catherine Cook [1846-1945] and William Archibald Eyre [1841-1887, carpenter]). Thomas and Deborah Victoria had at least 4 children before Deborah Victoria (Richardson) Eyre died in 1919. Records indicate that Thomas Abraham Eyre married in 1921 Bessie Marie Ledsworth (stepfather's surname, Carl) who had been married earlier. Is your Thomas Kenneth Eyre from the same area who married Dorothy Margaret Smith about 1931 the same Thomas/Tom Eyre? If not, how are they connected? I would very much appreciate any information you are able to give me.

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 7:42PM GMT
Sorry no we are not connected. Frederick Eyre came from Derbyshire England around 1855. My Thomas Eyre is back several generations back from that. What is your link to England? Most all the Eyre's eventually trace back there.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 12:43AM GMT
I have pics of the grave stones for William Eyre and Catherine (Cook) also of the homested burial of their 7th child Luoius Albert Eyre who died in infancy (only know primary sourc info that I'm awre of). If you would like what info I have I'm happy to forward.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 12:43AM GMT
I have pics of the grave stones for William Eyre and Catherine (Cook) also of the homested burial of their 7th child Luoius Albert Eyre who died in infancy (only know primary sourc info that I'm awre of). If you would like what info I have I'm happy to forward.
juliejulie120@yahoo.ca

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 8:28AM GMT
the only Brown in our family is Donald M Brown married to
Jowilla Todd her mom is Clara Todd of Tiverton Ontario and her dad was Murray Todd (they had 8 kids)
Jowella and Donald had 4 children Jenny,Angela,Shanan, Charlens

Sorry I don't know about his family yet but that might be my next project?
Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions