Search for content in message boards

Searching...

Searching...

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2002 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Mark, Clendenning, Moore, Anderson
Any info that anyone may have. Appreciate any help at all.

Anderson

Jack F. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
In response to your query I do have some information on Andersons in the L'Orignal area of Prescott county, and in Grenville area PQ. Please contact me at my e-mail address
Jack Anderson, Leamington ON

Anderson Family

Jamie MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, McCallum, Mark, Cunning, Rutherford, Meech, Lothian, Harvey, McCuaig, McLaren, Stephens, Fletcher, McDonald, Taylor
We may have common relatives if you are tied to any of the
listed surnames.My great grandmother was Eliza Crawford Anderson married to Rory Duncan McCallum.
All from the East Hawkesbury/Vankleek Hill area.
You can email directly if you wish.Willing to share info.

Anderson

Jack F. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am searching for information about an Anderson Family that lived across the Ottawa river from Prescott County but had connections in L'Orignal, and Hawkesbury area. The names are Jane, Joseph, James, Mary, Jamima, Alvina, Francis Jr. and maybe a William -- all children of Francis and Margaret ( McCrainer ) Anderson who settled in Grenville QC about 1822, and lived in that area until about 1845, when they moved to Huron County ON.

Andersons

Posted: 14 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Jack,
None of your Andersons ring a bell but if you`d like either
a text file or gedcom of my Andersons to see if you can see
a link contact me directly and I`ll send you one.

Meech

Posted: 18 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Patricia,
Here is my connection to the Meech Family.
Margaret McCallum is my grandmother`s sister.
These Meech`s are from East Hawksbury/Vankleek Hill area
and are buried in the Barb Cemetary.
I looked in Gravestones of Prescott Vol 1 by Alex Fraser
for any of the ones you mention but don`t see any connection.I`ll keep my eyes open for any connection to yours.Sorry I`m not much help.

Generation Number

1 2 3 4

1-William MEECH (1842-1916) married

Elizabeth CUNNING (1854-1938)

2-Earle MEECH (1895-) married 21 Sep 1929

Margaret Elsie MCCALLUM (27 Apr 1902-15 Aug 1952)

3-Baby MEECH (24 Apr 1932-25 Apr 1932)

3-Elizabeth "Ann" MEECH (01 May 1938)

2-Asa W. MEECH (1874-1879)

2-Edith MEECH (1879-1902)

2-Florence Ida MEECH (abt 1888-17 Nov 1924)

2-Willie MEECH (-) married

Minnie PERKINS (-)

3-Son MEECH (-)

3-Daughter MEECH (-)

3-Elizabeth "Beth" MEECH (-) married

Unknown ROBBINS (-)

Additions/corrections to:shamus@poboxes.com

Meech

Patricia Brown (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MEECH
Dear Jamie,

I searching for my Grandfather's living relatives. My Grandfather was Charles Marquis Samuel MEECH born 1909. He had two brothers Frank and Ernest. Their parents were John Charles Stroud MEECH (born 1876) and Sara(h) NEWTON. They lived in Greenfield Park, Quebec. John MEECH was from Oldham, Lancashire, England. John married a second time after his wife Sarah died. We have never heard from Frank and Ernest, contact was lost many years ago. Do any of these names sound familar to you?

Fletcher

Posted: 19 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Fletcher, Warren, Winter
I have Fletchers in VT who married into the Warren family in Hawkesbury and the Winters family. Do you recognize these families?

Stephens Family

Jeanie Lauke (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, Pool
I have one of the surnames from your list - Stephens. I descend from Roswell Stephens of East Hawksbery Prescott Ontario through his son David who emigrated to the USA and settled in IA. Roswell was born abt. 1803 & d.abt. 1880. He was married to Abigail Pool/Poole daughter of Timothy. Any connection with your Stephens line? Any help in tracing this family in the East Hawksbury records would be appreciated. Jeanie Lauke

Anderson - Borders

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: ANderson
Jamie,

A good supposition on the Lowland/Border inference on your part. When we were visiting Scotland 2 summers ago we were sharing some hospitality and conversation with some of the locals near Lockerbie. When I mentioned that my grandmother was an Anderson, one of them immediately piped up that there was a pocket of Andersons over there on the other side, and he pointed in the direction of Ben Hartfell (a geologically old and eroded mountain). Most were Presbyterian/Church of Scotland. It took me by surprise as I had always assumed that Andersons were of Highland origins.

Cliff.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions