Search for content in message boards

PARKS FAMILY

PARKS FAMILY

Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: PARKS, BLY
I am researching the PARKS family in Hall Co. Benjamin PARKS said in his Rev. War pension that he lived in HALL Co. several years. His daughter in law Bethlehem (BLY) PARKS is listed on the 1830 Hall Co. census.(wife on Flemmon PARKS) Where is Flemmon? H He is listed on 1840 census with family, then again not on 1850 but is there 1870 in Gilmer Co. GA Have information to share. Would like to locate Bethlehem's parents.

Benj. PARKS

Posted: 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:44AM GMT
Surnames: PARKS
Although you found him in Hall Co. in early 1800's, you need to understand how the North GA counties were formed during the mid-1800s. An overview is on the NE Regional GAGenWeb page. Further info about this should be on every county GAGenWeb page. This will probably explain to you why you are finding your PARKS in several counties....they didn't always move...it was the county lines that moved.

Take a look a Lumpkin Co., GA. I believe you'll find your Benj. Parks is the lucky man that discovered gold around Dahlonega and started the first US gold rush!!!

Happy Hunting,
CAT

Parks (Benjamin Sr.* Families)

Posted: 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Parks
PARKS (PARK) Benjamin Sr.& Jr.
My husband is also a laterial descendant of this family. He is descended from David Rives Parks (son of Benjamin Jr. and Sarah Henderson)
David was b.9, Nov. 1840 Lumpkin Co. Ga.d. 26, Jan.1918, Banks Co Ga. (CSA-served Co C, Cobbs Legion in the Calvary, he was a master forger who went out and gathered supplies. He served in the Army of Northern Va. under JEB Stuart, Wade Hampton"s Brigade, in Deloneys Calvary, 11th Cal. Co. C)
He married- 21, Apr. 1867,Lumpkin Co. Ga.
> Ellen Elizabeth Weaver--b.9, Apr. 1840 d.12, Apr. 1924, Banks Co. Ga. (both are buried in the Gillsville,Ga.Cemetery).
The Parks family surname was a deritive from Park. This family origionally came from Scotland. mpjx@nbank.net

surname parks

terry parks (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: parks
Hall County - Parks
My grandfather was Williamson Virgil Parks, his daddy was Benjamin Rush Parks, his daddy was William Williamson Parks. All lived in Hall County. My grandfather and great-grandfather were both Southern Railroad engineers. W.V. Parks married Ruby Bird Light (Thomas Obediah Light, ferry operator and postmaster for Flowery Branch and buried in the Flowery Branch cemetary). There is also a Parks Mill Road in Winder, family, but I don't know who.
Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 7:23PM GMT
There are many William's and Benjamin's and a couple of Virgil's (PARKS) in my file but do not have these other given names with them and can not place them. Can you give dates?
Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2005 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Parks, Powell
Do you have any information on Louiza Parks who married Thomas Jefferson Powell? They were living in Rabun County, GA 1830-1850. Family tradition is that Louiza was the daughter of Linchfield Parks and I think that would make her Benjamin Sr's. sister.
Glenda

Re: Parks Family

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 7:54AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2007 7:09PM GMT
I have a Litchfield Parks 1886 is this the same one?

Powell Family

Pat Springe (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Powell
Hello,

Noticed you had a Thomas Jefferson Powell in your Query. Was wondering if you line of Powell's were related to the Lewis R. and Pressly Powell's in the 1820 and 1830 Hall Co. Census??? Thank you.

Pat C. Springer

Powell Family

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 8:38PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 10:21PM GMT
Pat, you will have to go back to Glenda Glisson in the message posted. She is the one related to the Powells and Parks.

Re: LIGHT

Posted: 11 Jun 2005 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2006 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Light
Does Ruby Light have a Era or Eva Light in her family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic