Search for content in message boards

Holden Adams 1850 census

Holden Adams 1850 census

Posted: 3 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Brossette, Brossait
Holden Adams is listed in the 1850 Bienville Parrish census. Looking for any information on this family that previously lived in Washington Parrish, LA. Holden married Delila Brossette in 1858 in Natchitoches Parrish. annneal@aol.com

Re: Holden Adams 1850 census

M.B. Patton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2001 9:25PM GMT
I show Holden W. Adams, born 1789 in S. Carolina, living in Sabine Parish, La. on Feb. 26, 1852 (could have been in the other parish in 1850 census). He married Dederia Lea in St. Tammany Parish in 1816 on Oct 12th. His brother Aaron married her sister Cynthia Oct 30, 1815 also in St. Tammany parish. Lots of data on this family still...

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 9:37PM GMT
I am searching for info on my great-grandmother, Mary Adams, widow Cooper, who married my great-grandfather, William Longino, Sr., July 27, 1948, in Natchitoches Parish.
He was a lot older than she was and had several children by a previous marriage, no clue who their mother was. The 1850 Natchitoches Parish census lists my great-grandparents and in the household is a Holden Adams, age 18. He is the one who married Delilah. The 1850 Bienville Parish census lists Holden Adams, Sr., age 63, place of birth S.C., no wife listed.
He is also listed on the 1840 Washington Parish census, along with a brother? named Fielding. I believe, but can't prove, that my Mary is probably the daughter of Holden Wade, Sr. My great-grandlparents named one of their sons Holden and another Fielding. Coincidence? Maybe. If you have any info, would appreciate your sharing.

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 3:20AM GMT
I, have info. on holden and delila brossett adams. I, am currently working up his dad's line. Holden came to Texas and is currently buried in the Willowcreek Cem. in Tomball, TX. Delila is also buried there. Our line is James his brother
who was married to Matilda Berwick. They are also buried there. He changed his name to Wade Hampton Adams. Please contact me and I would be glad to exchange any info I have. My e-mail address is AngieAdams2002@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 3:36AM GMT
I, am currently working on Holden Adams Sr. and his wife Didemia Lea. They also had a son named James who married Matilda Berwick in Harris County Texas. I am almost positive that they had a sister Mary. I would love to share info. that I have gathered with you. I know his parents were Joseph Adams and Elizabeth Holden. My e-mail address is AngieAdams2002@yahoo.com

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 3:31AM GMT
I responded to the email address but it was returned as discontinued... Please post again or email me directly at annneal@aol.com Really interested in sharing info.

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 3:47AM GMT
Please contact me directly at annneal@aol.com I don't have specific info on your line, but would love to share what we have. There have been several books/pamphlets written by Russ Williams on the Adams family in Washington Parish (where Holden Adams Sr was married and his parents Joseph and Elizabeth Holden Adams are buried) I have not purchased said books yet, but am inquiring about them now. I also am sure-- as you believe-- that Mary was Holden's sister.

william longino marriage Feb 1841 in Catahoula Parish

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 4:18AM GMT
There is a marriage record in Catahoula Parish for William Longino (sometimes looks like Longine) Maybe this is his first wife before Mary Adams?

Re: william longino marriage Feb 1841 in Catahoula Parish

VERA (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2002 11:44PM GMT
I have found that record and I believe the woman's name was Helen Williams. I do not think that was his first wife because some of his children were born in the 1820's in Mississippi.
There are a number of William Longinos down through the years. In fact, William Sr. had at least 2 children named William, one a twin to Burrell, by his first wife, and another by Mary, William Henry Harrison Longino, my grandfather. I believe he married first in Mississippi but I am not sure when he migrated from Georgia, so it is possible she was from Georgia.

Appreciate the interest. If you run across anything else, would appreciate your sharing.

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 5:17PM GMT
I MAY HAVE TRIED TO CORRESPOND WITH YOU SEVERAL YEARS AGO ABOUT MARY ADAMS, WIFE OF WILLIAM LONGINO, SR. POSSIBLY BEING A DAUGHTER OF HOLDEN ADAMS. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS, WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR SHARING. HER MARRIAGE RECORD TO WILLIAM SAYS SHE WAS A "WIDOW COOPER.

THANKS.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions