Search for content in message boards

MUCKENFUSS family

MUCKENFUSS family

Posted: 7 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: MUCKENFUSS, WAY, CLAYTON
I am researching the MUCKENFUSS family that lived near Ridgeville, SC; related families would be WAY and CLAYTON.

Way, Clayton, Muckenfuss

Posted: 1 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2003 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: way, clayton
David,

My grandfather was Arthur Leon Clayton and my gmother was Sunie Bell Way, both of Dorchester. I am also searching for info on the Way's. If you are related to both Way and Clayton we must have some common relatives. What kind of info are you looking for?

clayton,way,muckenfuss families

Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: clayton, way, muckenfuss
hi mike,thanks for the reply.i have a janie gertrude clayton who married a gillis.is this your parents?arthur leon clayton was a son of george l.clayton( 1859-feb 8 1900)who married margaret j.way(mar 1868-dec 3 1905)she was a daughter of andrew david way and barbara muckenfuss.george l.clayton was a son of hampleton william clayton(july 4 1835-apr 7 1909)and annie m.wilker(may 1838-mar 17 1912).hampleton was a son of george clayton(nov 12 1801-oct 23 1872)and ? hart.george was a son of john clayton and jemimah muckenfuss.hoe much info do you have on your side of the family?

CLAYTON WAY CONNECTION

BOYCE W. CLAYTON (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CLAYTON, WAY
NATURALLY THE CLAYTON CONNECTION IS THU MY FATHER AND THE WAY THRU MY MOM. I HAVE LOTS OF INFO ON THE CLAYTONS BUT NOT A GREAT DEAL ON THE WAY LINE. WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE INFO. MY CLAYTON LINE CAME THRU VA-NC-TN-MS-AR-MO. THE WAY LINE SO FAR IS KY.

Way family

Joseph Knight Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Way
For information on the Way family of Dorchester County, the best person to contact is Mrs. Mildred Heatley, of Dorchester. She has a very complete history, with photos.

MUCKENFUSSS/RIDGEVILLE

BOURNE, GAYLE (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MUCKENFUSS
I HAVE RESEARCH INFO ON THE MUCKENFUSS FAMILY IN RIDGEVILLE GEORGE MUCKENFUSS DID THE 1900 CENSUS FOR RIDGEVILLE AND HIS IS THE FIRST ENTRY. MY OWN FAMILY IS CLOSELY RELATED TO THE MUCKENFUSS FAMILY. SURNAMES ARE SMITH, TUMBLESTON WHICH ARCHIBALD MUCKENFUSS IS BURIED AT BEECH HILL CEMETARY IN DORCHESTER CO OFF HWY 61. THERE IS ALSO A WILL ON FILE AT CHAS CO LIBRARY WHICH LISTS A MUCH EARLIER GEORGE MUCKENFUSS AND HIS FAMILY. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOME.

MUCKENFUSS FAMILY

Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
hi,thanks for the info on the muckenfuss family.please tell me more about your family and research.i have info on many of the families in the ridgeville area.the george muckenfuss will on file at the chars liby was my line via his son thomas muckenfuss who lived near ridgeville sc.thomas had 8 children and i am from his daughter elizabeth g.muckenfuss who married alfred williams.col george h.muckenfuss who is buried at zion church outside ridgeville was also a son of thomas muckenfuss.i look forward to hearing from you soon...

Family

David Way (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Way
http://www.geocities.com/dway64/

Here some info I thought that you might appreciate. Some of the history deals with Dorchester Co. Please sign my guestbook so that I know who has visited my website. If it helps you in any way please e-mail me in return and let me know if I can be any more help.

David Way

Re: MUCKENFUSS family

lorene (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2002 11:41PM GMT
What do you want to know? The People of Ridgeville, (Muckenfuss) especially Cottageville have indian descent, some of them are cousins.

Re: MUCKENFUSS family

DAVID PIQUETTE (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 5:27AM GMT
hi,

why did some of the indians around ridgeville start using the muckenfuss surname?

do you know anything about susanna muckenfuss(daughter of john george muckenfuss)who was mentioned in her fathers will.in it he speaks of her "evil ways"i've been told she had children by a indian or black man and was was disowned by her father.i have no way of knowing if this was true or not.susanna would have been born c,1770-80 and died after 1830 in colleton dist sc.i have wondered if maybe the ridgeville indian muckenfuss's were from her?

my lineage is from susanna's brother thomas muckenfuss.
i have some info on the family.

what is your connection to the family??

per page

Find a board about a specific topic