Search for content in message boards

John M. Schueller, Peter Schueller and Anna Feller

John M. Schueller, Peter Schueller and Anna Feller

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Schueller, Feller, Kress
Looking for information on John M.(Matthew or Mathias) Schueller and his descendants. John M Schueller died 1 Nov 1907 in Howard, SD. He married Rebecca Kress who died 5 Dec 1904. They moved to Clearwater Township, Miner Co, SD about 1884 from Dubuque Co, Iowa. I have copies of John's Homestead papers.
John and Rebecca had a number of children, one was Peter Schueller who married Anna Feller. They moved to Akron, Ohio in the 1920's.
John M. and Rebecca's other children were: George, Nicholas, John, William, Frank, Henry, Margaret Kunzweiler, Mary Fleischner, Louisa Bradbury, Mrs. Nick Reichling and Katie Schueller.
Interested in both descendants and ancestors of John M. Schueller.

Re: John M. Schueller, Peter Schueller and Anna Feller

Marilyn Roth (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 1:05PM GMT
There were also land patents in 106-55, Miner Co., SD, for George, 33 NW, & Peter, 32 NE. There are eleven SCHUELLER births on the SD site.

Peter Paul SCHUELLER & Mary Anna FELLER had

Magdalena Cecelia, b. 20 Jan. 1890, Miner Co.
George Andrew, 14 Apr. 1896.

Read the instructions for the site for its limitations.

http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/PatentSearch

http://www.state.sd.us/VitalRec/birthrecords

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Schueller, Feller
I have the land records from the National Archives for John M Schueller, Nichoals Feller and Peter Schueller. Would be glad to share them.

Posted: 22 Dec 2002 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 2:37PM GMT
I would also like too see the land use record
looking back to Nicolas Feller ..,,,,,Thanx

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2004 7:48PM GMT
just saw the brief message on the board. i grew up in Howard, miner county, s. dakota . my older brother, ted is the family historian.

Nicholas Feller Land Entry Records, Mitchell, Miner Co, SD

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2003 11:34PM GMT
I have a copy of the Homestead Land Entry Record for Nicholas Feller obtained from the National Archives.(I believe this is the same Nicholas Feller who married Magdelena Forret and Nicholas was born about 1836 and died after 1900). Legal Description of Land: Southwest quarter of Section Number 017, Township Number 106N and Range Number 055W(106 acres). Final Certificate Number 9828. Homestead Application No. 24045. Land Office at Mitchell, SD, August 10. 1889. Patented August 21, 1890.
Following is a summary of the info in the papers:
Nicholas Feller was a naturalized Citizen. He had a wife and 8 children(March 1883). Witnesses were Gilbert Hanson, J. Leslie Burch, Frank W. Russell, and Lucius Phetteplace all of Howard, Miner Co, SD. Document from town of Adel, Dallas County Iowa District Court verifying Oath of Naturilazation Oct 22, 1857 before Judge W H McHenry.States he was a citizen of France and had been in the US for at least 5 years before the oath. States he built a farmhouse on the land about March 1883. Also lists his crops, description of house, belongings etc.

Would like to know if anyone has a copy of his Naturilization papers/certificate from Iowa or death certificate or marriage record.

Feller family in Howard, Miner CO, SD

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2003 11:34PM GMT
My husband's great grandmother was Mary Anna Feller who married Peter Schueller. Mary Anna was the daughter of Nicholas Feller and Magdalena Forret.
Nicholas and Magdalena had 8 or 9 children. I would be interested in exchanging info on the children and info on Nicholas and his wife.
Specifically, I would like to know when Nicholas and his wife died, where they are buried and does anyone have any pictures they would like to share.
Thanks, Kelly Nupp, knupp@neo.rr.com

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 6:40PM GMT
hi;
just saw your message; Howard, miner,S,D.
/ john m. Schueller
does your brother still live there.
I need a look-up.

John M Schueller;
his obit ; says he died 1 Nov. 1907 .
is buried beside "his Mother"..
Who is she and Where/Who is The Father?

Maxine

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 1:39AM GMT
Schueller is my husband's family. We don't know any Schuellers who still live in Howard but one of the other people in this thread may have family in that area.

Another researcher gave me the names and source as LDS microfilm for German records for John M. (Mathias) Schueller's parents: Heinrich Schueller and Anna Schmitz (died 1854). I'm not sure why the obit states JOhn M. Schueller's mother is buried next to him?? I assume she died in Germany. And John Schueller was in Iowa at the time she died.

I'm not sure if the obit has an error or my info is in error.

Kelly

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 1:13AM GMT
Maxine,
I think Kelly was referring to me, as being the relative still around Howard. I'm here some of the time.
My grandpa's sister M Anna Feller married Peter Schueller. There is lots more story, but i'll try to briefly answer your question....I agree with Kelly that there seems to be some misinformation about "Mother". My explanation starts with a look at the gravestone I have posted on a website: http://southdakotagravestones.org/view.php?id=84543 . Rebecca died before John, so he was buried next to "Mother", as the gravestone shows.
Hope this is a satisfactory explanation.
Bill Feller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions