Search for content in message boards

Julia Spikes Hamner HILDRETH

Ken Parker (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 1:35PM GMT
Does any of the following information, makes sense in the HAMNER family history? Julia Spikes Hamner HILDRETH was my great great grandmother.
It is believed that she is the daughter of John Wesley and Maria James HAMNER
and the granddaughter of Matthew Sallie Spikes HAMNER
and the great granddaughter of Turner and Nancy HAMNER.
ken parker

Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH (born 30 Apr 1846 Dale/Coffee Co., Alabama - died 12 Nov 1907 Coffee Co., Alabama);
+ married on 24 Dec 1868 ~ (1) Julia Spikes HAMNER (born 17 Oct 1845 - died 5 Aug 1892 Coffee Co., Alabama).

Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH,
Julia Spikes Hamner HILDRETH (first wife of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH) and
Annie Ruth Carmichael HILDRETH (second wife of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH)
are buried at City(Carmichael) Cemetery, Enterprise, Coffee Co., Alabama.

We have a photograph of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH and Julia Spikes Hamner.

The 1870 Butler Co., Alabama Census - dated 17 June 1870 - lists
>Jemima HILDRETH as a 64 year old white female (keeping house) with $500 value of real estate and place of birth of South Carolina (mother of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH);
>Jackson HILDRETH as a “22” (should have been listed as 24) year old white male (carpenter) and place of birth as Alabama; cannot read, cannot write, and a over 21 year old male citizen of the U.S.
>Julia HILDRETH as a 24 year old white female (keeping house) and place of birth as Alabama; (this is Julia Spikes Hamner HILDRETH, wife of RHJ HILDRETH) and
>Susan HILDRETH as a 22 year old white female (at home) and place of birth as Alabama (sister of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH).

7 Oct 1882 - J. W. Hamner purchased from Wesley Hamner and Mary M. Hamner the SE 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of Section 18, T8,R15 Butler Co., Alabama for the sum of $125.00. Document witnessed by R.H.J. HILDRETH and J.S. Williams. (filed for record 28 Jan 1890 - Probate Judge).

19 December 1883 - John W. Hamner sold to Robt. H. J. HILDRETH the SE 1/4 of SW 1/4 of Section 18, T8, R15 Butler Co., Alabama for the sum of $200. (filed for record 28 Jan 1890 - Probate Judge).

Julia Spikes HAMNER HILDRETH, wife of Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH - died 5 Aug 1892 and buried @ Carmichael (City) Cemetery, Enterprise, Coffee Co., Alabama.
Robert Henry Jackson HILDRETH + married (2) Anna Ruth CARMICHAEL on 4 July1893 @ Elba, Coffee Co., Alabama.

Posted: 19 Jul 2000 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
My husband is also a descendent of Wesley and Maria James Hamner. Somewhere in my files I have a list of the children of Wesley and Polly Hamner. E-Mail me at LQuin69388@aol.com

Hamners of Alabama

Tina Hudson Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 10:16PM GMT
My greatgrandmother was Martha Alice Hamner, d/o Wesley. She married Noah Hudson. Do you possibly have any information on this couple? Specifically, I can't find their burial sites. They are not with the majority of their family in Brushey Creek Cem., Butler County, Alabama.

Hamners of Alabama

Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:41PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
Wesley Hamner and wife Mary Maria (Polly) James are buried at Wesley Chapel Methodist Church in Butler County, Al. Have you tried this location for Martha Alice Hamner Hudson?
If you need directions to the Church I can supply? LQuin69388@aol.com

Re: Hamners of Alabama

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 1:28PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hildreth Hamner Boutwell Dowling
Noah Benjamin Hudson and Martha Alice Hamner are said to be buried at Wesley Chapel Cemetery

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 1:32PM GMT
Martha Alice Hamner - born 6 Feb 1841 in Chambers Co., Alabama and died 7 March 1909

Noah Benjamin Hudson - born 5 Feb 1837 in Haw Ridge Coffee / Dale Co., Alabama and died Jul 1926 Butler Co., Alabama

Noah Benjamin Hudson and Martha Alice Hamner were married 21 Aug 1864.
Children of Noah and Martha
Charles D. Hudson 4 Jul 1866
Asbury Bascom Hudson 9 Jul 1869
Ellen Hudson 1873
Julia Decora Hudson Oct 1880
Gertrude Hudson Apr 1883

Tina Smith (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Hudson, Hamner
Thank you for your reply regarding Noah and Alice Hudson. However, according to her request for widow's benefits, he died on August 16, 1919, and she died sometime after that date. I do appreciate having the birth years of Asbury's (my grandfather) brothers and sisters as Decora's and Gertrude's were missing. Do you need any information on their descendents? Which line is yours? Or are you connected to one of Alice's siblings? Again, many thanks.
Tina Hudson Smith

Julia Spikes Hamner

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 2:48AM GMT
Julia Spikes Hamner first wife of Robert Henry Jackson Hildreth is my 2nd great grandmother. I was given a picture of her and the Robert Henry Jackson Hildreth family a year or so ago and I was thrilled.

Looking for a photograph of Wesley John or John Wesley HAMNER and Mary "Polly" Maria James and their family. I do need some of the burial locations on the Wesley Hamner children and their spouses. Also need to verify additional dates.

E-mail me and we can see what each other has and may be able to verify each other's data. I also received some information on the Hamner family from someone. I will pull it out and see what I have that you might need.

knp
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions