Search for content in message boards

James W. LOVINS

James W. LOVINS

Posted: 8 Nov 2005 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LOVINS, CUNDIFF, BURDINE,
To rachelspshaker and anyone else searching for James W. LOVINS, m. Armintha CUNDIFF

As near as I can tell, there were two James W.s, one belonging to Wiley and Mary and the other to Jacob and Lucinda. In 1880, Wiley and Mary's James is living with them, a widower. The other is living with his wife "Armanda". After running down any possible LOVINS, and assorted spellings, I strongly believe that Armintha's husband is James W. LOVINS, LOVING, etc. b.c.1868 to Jacob LOVINS and L(o)ucinda BURDINE, m. 24 Mar 1864, Pulaski, KY.

If anyone is concerned about the seeming contradiction in b.d. for James, remember that we are dealing with human beings. Census takers often made errors, took notes down wrong, transcribed them incorrectly, etc. My own husband never remembers exactly how old he is, and I suspect in that day and time it was no different.

ALSO, as to Armintha's parentage, someone is confusing two of the CUNDIFF clan. There IS a Theodopolis CUNDIFF, BUT, he is NOT Armintha's father. Her father IS Theophilus or Theofilus CUNDIFF, and her mother Margaret GABBARD, daughter of Michael and Polly GABBARD of Breathitt KY.

The GABBARDs well settled what once was Clay County, KY, one chunk of them staying in what became Breathitt County, and another big chunk living in what became Owsley County. It's the Owsley group that is intermarried with my REYNOLDS clan.

If anyone out there has any different info on James LOVINS, son of Jacob and Lucinda, please contact me at vernacanales@yahoo.com.

Thanks and happy hunting.

Verna

Re: James W. LOVINS

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Lovins
If you are inquiring after James Wesley Lovins-I have dates and some of our tree done.
B-jan 29, 1807
D-Sep 4 1893
M-Miriam Siler-Aug-1810
Is this your James W?

Re: James W. LOVINS

Posted: 23 Jun 2006 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Lovins
Hi
James Wesley was my ggfather. Do you have time to send me what you have?
I am the daughter of John Barton- son of Jacob-son of Benj Harrison-son of James Wesley.
Thank you so much
Candy Lovins
candy.lovins@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic