Search for content in message boards

Alexander McDuffie

Alexander McDuffie

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 10:56AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 7:54AM GMT
Searching for parents and other ancestors of Alexander McDuffie b. 16 June 1820 Robeson Co., NC; d. 30 Jan 1897 Telfair Co., GA; buried McDuffie Cemetery, McRae, Telfair Co., GA; m. Penelope Pickren b. 9 Jan 1832 (may be Dec); d. 3 Feb 1883 Telfair Co., GA; d/o John J. Pickren Sarah (Douglas) Pickren. Alexander McDuffie's parents may have been a John Susan (?) McDuffie.?? List of children of Alexander Penelope available. Any information will be helpful.
Carol McClellan-Ohlweiler
tomohl@prodigy.net

Re: Alexander McDuffie

Posted: 8 Feb 2005 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe this was my great grandfather. If this is correct he was a judge in telfair county.

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 8:19PM GMT
I just posted a message I thought I was answering this one. Your line may be connected to mine, Murdock and Abigail Curry McDuffie then Daniel and Elizabeth I am not at home her last name has left me McDuffie then John Dixon and Queen ann Stwphens McDuffie the Daniel and Elizabeth Ball McDuffie Their daughter was Mary Josephine McDuffie she married Oscar Chastain,Would like to hear from you if this is your McDuffie line. Betty Newman

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:35PM GMT
My great grandmother was also named Mary Josephine McDuffie. She married a Greek who changed his name from Georgios Athanasiou to George Bell. (She could have been married previously.) We had heard she was and had one child who died young.
She had one son with George Bell in Pensacola, Florida named Alexander Brian Bell. She is vurid in St. John's Cemetery in Pensacola.
The home they built in the 1800's is at 120 South Alcaniz Street in Pensacola. It has been set aside as a historical home and is a commercial business now.
Her father was John Alexasnder McDuffie who was married to Patsey (probably Martha) Jane Thornton. They had several children.
Do you think these are the same people?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions