Search for content in message boards

Slave History of Frankfort KY

Slave History of Frankfort KY

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 10:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2002 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Shackelford
I am looking for information on enslavement in the Frankfort area - Kentucky's state capital, and would like to hear from anyone else interested in the same area.

My better email is dasha@clubinternetK.com.

Thanks all.

Re: Slave History of Frankfort KY

Posted: 7 Feb 2002 11:27AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: FRALEY, SHOEMAKER
Good Morning,
I am researching all areas of Kentucky including the Frankfort area for information on the Slaves of Kentucky.
I am seeking information on the young slave girl given to Catherine Shoemaker Fraley by her father James Shoemaker.
This is all the info on her I have at this time.
Ramona

Myrna (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:44PM GMT
I'm interested in slaves in the Fayette cty. Ky. and Woodford cty.

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 10:40AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:45PM GMT
Hi Myrna,
What family are you researching?
Thank you,
Ramona

Myrna (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: REDD, BLACK
I'm seaching for the Redd Family. Charles Redd born in 1844, spouse Elizabeth born sometime around the 1840's, there daugthers were Sallie, Fannie (Redd) Black was my great grandmother. In Faywood or Versailles Ky. in Woodford ct. Looking for marriage license,birth records.
Also searching for Charles Black born in1849 form Faywood his spouse was Fannie (Redd) Black .Looking for records or any family member.

Myrna (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: BLACK, REDD
I trying to find out what plantation Charels Black, born 1849 and Spouse Fannie (Redd) Black, born 1861 were on. They lived in Faywood, KY. Woodford County. Their children were Kemp, Eugenia (Jennie), Woodard, Howard, Elizabeth and William. Eugenia was my grandmother, born 1886 and died 1963.

Posted: 29 Nov 2002 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: REDD, BLACK
I'm searching for info. on Fannie (Redd) Black born in 1886, husband Charles Black born in 1849

Bev Ring (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Hardin
Sorry, the only information I have is what I have already posted and previous replies.

Shawn Williams (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 2:43AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Woodard
I'm interested in knowing if you more about the Woodard's related to you grandmother. It seems as if she is a Woodard by marriage. My Great-Great grandfather is Jack Woodard born in Kentucky in 1850. I know he was in Adairville Kentucky in 1880 according to the census. I have no record of the whereabouts of he and his family prior to that. If you have any info on Woodard's in Kentucky, I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted: 4 Jan 2005 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2005 9:36PM GMT
Surnames: Woodard
Shawn,
I heard from a fellow yesterday who seems to know it all. It is possible that he may know something that will help you find your family. His name is Will Jones. His email is wjones@bellsouth.com
Cam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic