Search for content in message boards

Wilson Family in Dent County

Wilson Family in Dent County

Nettie Grimes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 2:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson, Welch
I am researching my 2x grandfather, Silas Harrison Wilson (b.1837 and d. 1919). His mother, Lucinda Unknown Maiden Name had 3 children by the Wilson father who was "gone" by around 1846-1850. I do not know if he died or they divorced. They had Mary Minerva Wilson who married Bill Welch (they are in Miner Cemetery in Dent Co.), Silas Harrison Wilson who married Margaret A. Compton, Sarah E. Wilson who married a Hollinsworth, and a J. Wilson that I do not know. Odds are he was a John, James, or other J. name.
Lucinda may have married an Odle after the Wilson. Later this Lucinda married Morris Toadvine. He had been married first to a Skaggs girl who died. Lucinda ended up widowed in Washington County and was buried at Lost Creek Cemetery. My Silas ended up in Crawford County and is buried at Steelville. Someone told me that there were lots of Wilsons in Dent County. They said some were buried at a Hutson Cemetery. Could anyone help me find anything about the Wilsons of Dent County? There was a John and Mary Wilson living near my Silas in later years but I do not know if they are related. I also had some clues that Lucinda may have been a Brickey and she may have married an Aquila Wilson. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. I know Silas lived in Dent, Washington, Crawford, and Jefferson County at different times in his life.

Re: Wilson Family in Dent County

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2003 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Welch, Yankee, Yankey, Jones
These are the known children of Billy & Minerva:

1 William John Welch b.1830 d.1907 m. 16 Sep 1852 Mary Minerva Wilson b.1832 d.1893

2 George John Welch b.1854 d.1938 m. 5 Oct 1873 Mary Ann Nelson b.1856 d.1938
2 Margaret Lucinda Welch b.1856 d.1902 m. 18 Jan 1874 Benjamin Franklin Wilson b.1852 d.1934
2 Steven Edward Welch b.1858 d.1941 m. 2 Oct 1881 Lucinda Larkin b.1861 d.1923
2 Mary Frances b. abt 1860
2 Richard Harrison Welch b.1861 d.1936 m. 7 Dec 1890 Lydia Frances Barrett b.1874 d.1955
2 John William Welch b.1863 m. 2 Nov 1885 Sarah Larkin b.1868
2 America Clementine Welch b.1866 d.1952 m. 23 Aug 1883 Jacob Yankee b.1863 d.1949
2 Anna Minerva Welch b.1865/7 d.1959 m. 1883 Thomas D. Jones b.1865 d.1907
2 Thomas Welch
2 Fielding S. Welch b.1875 d.1948 m. 1894 Emma Morton

I have about five generations of descendants of "Minerva" Wilson Welch to share with you. Margaret Lucinda Welch Wilson is my greatgrandmother. God bless you; you've tied together many bits & pieces of information I've picked up during my research over the last decade. Please write to me directly for more information.

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:25PM GMT
I was thrilled to hear from you. I emailed you at your email address listed on the Boards. If that does not reach you...my email is nettiegrimes@hotmail.com
Let me know what info you would like to share.

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2006 8:25PM GMT
Who was William John Welch's (m Minerva) parents?
And can you tell me if there was more than one Jacob Yankey who married a Welch? I have a few records of Welch who married into the Brickey family (it isn't my own line). But I do know some people who would be interested in the Welch ifnormation.
Glad you two found each other!
Nancy

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Brickey
I got a message that a reply had been made to my query. I think the notification was really meant to go to Dianne. Dianne Spitzer has all the info on the Welch family. She is wonderful and I know will help you all she can.

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 4:31AM GMT
Fountain Welch from Henry Co, KY, and his wife Margaret Hendrix (or Hendricks) were the parents of William John Welch that married Mary Minerva Wilson and raised a family of at least eight children in Dent County, Missouri. They are buried at Miner Cemetery, in the Doss community of Dent Co. along with many members of their family. Fountain's son Richard Henry Welch married Mary Elizabeth Brickey, the daughter of Cornelius & Keziah Brickey. Billy & Minerva's daughter America Clementine married Jacob Yankee and raised five children. I don't have another Jacob in my database but that doesn't mean there isn't another in the family. I hope this helps; I'd love to hear from any fellow Welch researcher.

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2006 4:00AM GMT
Dianne,
I printed this out, and I recognize your email address. We already corresponded on this line. I think(I hope I did) I already sent you my record. I just recognized the names here! Let me know if I didn't send you anything.
Nancy Hough
rockartgal@msn.com

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 5:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2006 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: welch
Nettie,
Yes Dianne and I corresponded on this Welch Line before. I found her email addy when I went to print out the information...and recognized it. I have a photo of the "Welch" brothers I think she either sent it to me, or someone else did.
I am glad the two of you got together! My line only comes in with the brickey connection.
Nancy

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 12:34PM GMT
Nancy: Ozark Heritage Dent County Area cemeteries and Families Minner Cem.
Welch , John William; s/o Fountain N. Welch;;s/o Samuel and Chloe (Hendricks)
I did the Welch family tree a few years ago and all the info is in a computer that lock up on me. I got over 800 names of this family out of this book. kff@dam.net
Larry

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 4:58PM GMT
Larry, Your name sounds familiar but I don't recognize your email address; have we exchanged family information already?
I have some new info regarding Margaret Hendricks Welch so please contact me if you're interested. -- Dianne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions