Search for content in message boards

looking for information on lanaville, wery from wisconsin/michigan

looking for information on lanaville, wery from wisconsin/michigan

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 11:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: lanaville, wery
looking for information on wery and lanaville, i know that some lived in oconto wisconsin and ended up in michigan. the names i have but no little about are as follows: parents are desire wery and bilha depas: children are ida, allen, jean baptiste (john), norman, alice, celina, joseph. celine married david lanaville. they had 8 children: john, antone, henry, bilha, maria, merlin, and mose. i would love any information on these 8 children or anyone else. i have pictures of desire and bilha family photo along with a few others. would love to share with anyone that is related.

anyone why this name lanaville changes spelling so many different ways?

Re: looking for information on lanaville, wery from wisconsin/michigan

Posted: 21 Sep 2010 5:03PM GMT
It's advisable to include a time frame and approximate birth years of those you're seeking info on.

Name variations of "Lanaville", like those of most non-English speaking immigrants, are due to what the registrar (the clergy, census taker, etc) heard and their best guess at how to spell it. Illiterate ancestors couldn't offer the "correct" spelling.

This name appears to be of French Canadian origin, the most likely original variation of it would be Laneuville, which is a dit name.

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 12:55AM GMT
here is are some birthdates of the wery or lanaville that i have verified. celina wery married a david lanaville . she was born on 15 feb 1902 jam dam(wilson) michigan. died on 14 march 1977. ndavid born 19 dec 1874 and died 1960. the had 8 children. i only know there names john, antone, henry, bilha, maria, merlin, mose. the other wery's were celina sister/brothers. ida born 1895, allen 1893, jean baptiste born 1897, norman 1899, joseph born ???

anyone no anything about this family.

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 10:01AM GMT
Surnames: Wery Lanaville Pierce
My husband is in Sadie's line, sister to Desire Jr. I have info on our line. And some of the others.

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 12:48AM GMT
would love to swap information, stories and photos.desire wery is my great grandfather.

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2013 7:01PM GMT
Hi, i'm actually taking a class that talk about genealogy. I'm looking for info also... Lanaville has changed along the years...the spelling varies : Lanoville, Lanauville, Laneville, Laneuville. It is french-canadian (Québec) as I am, then I don't know it's from where in France before that...

A lot of french canadians moved to the states...Like Jack Kerouac :) ...If you look in Canadian archives..I'm sure you will find something,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic