Mary DEASEY/DACEY - Co. Cork, IRE
Thanx.
(dblair@risd.edu)

Re: Patrick FINN & Mary DEASEY or DACEY: Cork, IRL

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2012 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Flinn, Dacey
Diane, could this be Patrick Flinn and (Catherine) Marie Dacey? I am also looking for a Dacey, my great grandmother who married Patrick Flinn. Both were born in Ireland and I believe married in Wisconsin. Any possibility?

Gail (Flynn) McGinn

Posted: 23 Jan 2014 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Deasey or Deasy or Dacey
Hi, I am responding to your post looking for information on Patrick Finn and Mary Deasey. They are my great, great grandparents. They married in 1861 in Ireland and resided in a townland called Barleyhill in the parish of Rosscarbery. They had 9 children, Catherine, John, Mary, Patrick, Ellen, Bridget, Julia, Jeremiah and Johanna. Jeremiah is my great-grandfather. He emigrated to the United States in 1898 and settled eventually in Cambridge Massachusetts.

I have been trying to do my own research to find out what happened to them but have not had any luck.

I realize your post is from 2000 but I am new to Ancestry and just found it today. If you would like to discuss more please email me at jjfinn@bicknellsmith.com.

Thanks

Jim Finn

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 1:20PM GMT
Gail, I don't know how I missed this message. I may have replied, not sure. In any case I don't believe this is the same couple as mine. My Patrick died in a Quarry accident at Barleyhill, Ireland and his wife Mary also died in Ireland. They never came to America. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Diane

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 1:31PM GMT
Jim, ( sent this message in a separate email, not sure if it went)

It is so great to have someone who is related to our FINN/DEASY lineage from Ireland.
I know of Jeremiah Finn well, only because I've researched him in order to find out
more on the family (his parents).
Please do feel free to contact me via this email bsaintjay@verizon.net
I've done a lot of research on our family.
Catch you soon. Diane Blair

grndmother Mabel Rose Newell
her parents were Patrick Joseph Newell & Johanna (Hannah) FINN
Hannah's parents were Patrick & Mary (DEASY) Finn

per page

Find a board about a specific topic